Details what to do before using your new oven for the first time.
Before using your new oven, please:
- Read this user guide, taking special note of the ‘Safety and warnings’ section.
- Remove all accessories and packaging. Peel the protective film off all surfaces and accessories.
- Set the clock. The oven will not work until the clock has been set. See ‘Setting the clock’.
- Fit the Catalytic panels and side racks. See ‘Fitting the Catalytic panels’.
- If not already fitted, fit the sliding shelf supports. See ‘Care and cleaning’ for instructions.
- Slide in the shelves you will need, making sure that:
- they are between the two wires of a shelf position;
- the stop notches point down;
- the guard rail is at the back.
The grill tray should be positioned between the two wires of a shelf position and orientated as shown.
Heat the oven on maximum for:
- 60 minutes in the position
- 30 minutes in the position
- 15 minutes in the position
- There will be a distinctive smell while you are conditioning your oven. This is normal, but make sure your kitchen is well ventilated during the conditioning.
Once cooled, wipe out the oven with a damp cloth and mild detergent, and dry thoroughly.
Fig. 15 Correct position of shelves and grill tray