Keep this user guide with your appliance. If the appliance is ever sold or transferred to another person, ensure that the new owner receives the user guide. Please become familiar with these recommendations before installing and using your oven. They were written for your safety and the safety of others.
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- This appliance is not designed to be used by people (including children) with reduced physical, sensorial or mental capacity or people lacking in experience or knowledge, except if they have the benefit, through the intermediary of a person responsible for their safety, of preliminary supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance.
- This oven was designed for use by private persons in their homes. It is intended solely for cooking foodstuffs. This oven does not contain any asbestos-based components.
- Please make sure children do not play with the appliance.
- When you receive the appliance, unpack it or have it unpacked immediately. Give it an overall inspection. Make note of any concerns or reservations on the delivery slip and make sure to keep a copy of this form.
- Your appliance is intended for standard household use. Do not use it for commercial or industrial purposes or for any other purpose than that for which it was designed.
- Do not modify or attempt to modify any of the characteristics of this appliance. This would be dangerous to your safety.
Accessible parts may be hot when in use. It is advisable to keep small children away from the appliance.
- Never pull your appliance by the door handle.
- Before using your oven for the first time, heat
- it while empty for approximately 15 minutes. Make sure that the room is sufficiently ventilated. You may notice a particular odour, or a small release of smoke. All of this is normal.
Accessible parts may become hot when the grill is used. It is advisable to keep children away from the appliance.
- When in use, the appliance becomes hot. Be careful not to touch the heating elements located inside the oven.
- Installation should only be performed by installers and qualified technicians.
- When placing dishes inside or removing them from the oven, do not place your hands close to the upper heating elements, use heat-protective kitchen gloves.
- At the end of cooking, do not pick up dishes (grills, rotisserie...) with bare hands.
- Never place aluminium foil directly in contact with the oven shelf (see the chapter on oven description), the accumulated heat may cause deterioration of the enamel.
- Do not place heavy weights on the open oven door, and make sure that children are able neither to climb nor sit on it.
- The oven must be turned off when cleaning inside the oven.
- Children of less than 8 years old must be kept away from the appliance unless continuously supervised. This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above, and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge, if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and they understand the hazards involved. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be done by children without supervision.
- Additionally to the accessories supplied with your oven, only use dishes which resist high temperatures (follow the manufacturer’s instructions).
- After using your oven, make sure that all the controls are in their stop position.
- Do not use your oven as a larder or to store any items after use.
- Never use steam or high-pressure devices to clean the oven (electrical safety requirement). All types of cooking are done with the door closed.
- Caution: The appliance must be able to be disconnected from the mains supply network after installation. Disconnection can be enabled by ensuring that there is an accessible power plug or by incorporating a switch into the fixed wiring in compliance with the installation rules.
- If the power cable is damaged,it should be replaced by the manufacturer, its after-sales service department or a similarly qualified person to avoid danger.
- (According to model) For your safety, your oven is equipped with an AUTOMATIC STOP, if you forget to turn off your oven by mistake. After 23 hours and 30 minutes of continuous use, the AS (Automatic Stop) feature will be activated and your oven will turn itself off. AS or Auto Stop will be displayed instead of the time and a series of successive beeps will be emitted for a short time.
Caring for the environment
- This appliance’s packing materials are recyclable. Recycle them and play a role in protecting the environment by depositing them in municipal containers provided for this purpose.
- Your appliance also contains many recyclable materials. It is therefore marked with this logo to indicate that used appliances must not be mixed with other waste. Recycling of the appliances organised by your manufacturer will thus be undertaken in optimum conditions, in accordance with European directive EC/2002/96 relating to electrical and electronic equipment waste. Consult your local authority or your retailer to find the drop-off points for used appliances that is nearest to your home.
- We thank you for your help in protecting the environment.