Checking for transport damage
After removing the packaging, make sure the product is complete and undamaged and that all accessories are present. Do not use the appliance if it is visibly damaged. Contact Customer Care.
Installing and connecting the appliance
- Installation must be performed by a qualified professional in compliance with legislation in force in the country of installation (see Built-in installation).
- This appliance should be connected to a circuit which incorporates an isolation switch providing full disconnection from the power supply.
- The packing elements (plastic bags, polystyrene foam, etc.) should be kept out of reach of children.
- Do not install the appliance in rooms where the temperature may drop to 0°C or lower.
- Customise the water hardness as soon as possible following the instructions in section ‘Changing and setting menu parameters’, under “Setting water hardness”.
- Check that the mains power supply voltage corresponds to the value indicated on the rating plate on the bottom of the appliance.
- Connect the appliance to an efficiently earthed and correctly installed socket with a minimum current rating of 10A only.
- If the power socket does not match the plug on the appliance, have the socket replaced with a suitable type by a qualified professional.
- To comply with safety directives, an omnipolar switch with a minimum contact distance of 3 mm must be installed.
- Do not use multiple sockets or extensions.
- Safety cutout devices must be included in the mains power supply in compliance with the installation regulations in the country concerned.
Electrical appliances must not be disposed of as household waste.
Appliances with this symbol are covered by European Directive 2002/96/EC.
All unused electric and electronic appliances must be disposed of separately from household waste by taking them to state authorised special centres. Disposing of the unused appliance correctly avoids damage to the environment and a risk to health. For more information on disposing of the unused appliance, contact the local administration, the waste disposal department or the shop where the appliance was bought.
|Voltage: 220-240 V~ 50/60 Hz max. 10A
Pressure: 15 bars
Size LxHxD: 594x460x412 mm
|Absorbed power: 1350 W
Water tank capacity: 1.8 litres
Weight: 24 kg
Verify the minimum measurements required for correct installation of the appliance. The coffee maker must be installed in a column and the column must be firmly fixed to the wall with commercially available brackets.
- All installation or maintenance operations must be performed with the appliance disconnected from the mains electricity supply.
- Kitchen furniture in direct contact with the appliance must be heat resistant (65°C min).
- To guarantee correct ventilation, leave a gap at the bottom of the cabinet (see measurements in figure).
If you are installing an appliance directly over another, you have the option of using a black metal shelf cover to conceal the shelf front that would be visible between the two appliances.This can be purchased as a separate accessory and needs to be fitted before the lower grill kit and/or appliance is installed. Refer to the instructions packed with the shelf cover accessory kit.
|Installation option A: Coffee maker by itself||Installation option B: Coffee maker with lower grill kit - this is to match the height of adjacent appliances|
If you choose Installation option B, you will need to install the lower grill kit BEFORE you install the coffee maker. Refer to the instructions packed with the lower grill kit.
Position the rails on the sides of the cabinet as shown in the figure. Fix with the screws, then extract them completely. If the coffee maker is installed over a warmer drawer, use the top surface of this as a reference to position the rails. In this case, there will be no surface to rest the rails on.
Position the appliance on the rails, making sure the pins are correctly inserted in the housings, then fix it with the screws supplied. If the height of the appliance requires adjusting, use the spacer disks provided.
Fix the power cable with the clip.
If necessary, correct alignment of the appliance by positioning the spacers supplied under or at the sides of the support.