Safety and warnings
Your oven has been carefully designed to operate safely during normal cooking procedures. Please keep the following safety instructions in mind when you are using it:
Electrical Shock Hazard
Hot Surface Hazard
Important Safety Instructions
To reduce the risk of fire, electrical shock, injury to persons or damage when using the oven, follow the important safety instructions listed below:
- Read all the instructions before using the oven. Use the oven only for its intended purpose as described in these instructions.
- Proper installation: be sure your appliance is properly installed and earthed by a qualified technician.
- Isolating switch: make sure this oven is connected to a circuit which incorporates an isolating switch providing full disconnection from the power supply.
- Household appliances are not intended to be played with by children.
- Do not leave children alone.
Children should not be left alone or unattended in the area where the appliance is in use. They should never be allowed to sit or stand on any part of the appliance.
- Children of less than 8 years old must be kept away from the appliance unless continuously supervised. This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above, and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge, if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and they understand the hazards involved. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be done by children without supervision.
- Do not place heavy objects on the oven door.
- Wear proper apparel. Do not wear loose fitting or hanging garments when using the appliance. They could ignite or melt if they touch an element or hot surface and you could be burned.
- User servicing: do not repair or replace any part of the appliance unless specifically recommended in the manual. All other servicing should be referred to a qualified technician.
- Do not use water on grease fires. Smother the fire or flame or use a dry chemical or foam type extinguisher.
- Use only dry oven mitts or potholders. Moist or damp potholders on hot surfaces could result in burns from steam. Do not let potholders touch hot areas or heating elements. Do not use a towel or a bulky cloth for a potholder. It could catch fire.
- Do not heat unopened food containers. They can build up pressure that may cause the container to burst and result in injury.
- Safe food handling: leave food in the oven for as short a time as possible before and after cooking. This is to avoid contamination by organisms which may cause food poisoning. Take particular care during warm weather.
- Always keep oven vents unobstructed.
- Do not operate your appliance by means of an external timer or separate remote-control system.
Hot air can blow from the vent at the top of the oven as part of the oven’s cooling system.
- Placement of oven shelves: always position shelves in the desired location while the oven is cool (before preheating). If a shelf must be removed while the oven is hot, do not let the oven mitts or potholder contact hot heating elements in the oven or the base of the oven.
- Do not clean the oven seal or use any oven-cleaning products on it. It is essential for a good seal, which ensures that the oven operates efficiently. Care should be taken not to rub, damage or move it.
- Do not use oven cleaners, harsh/ abrasive cleaning agents, waxes, or polishes. No commercial oven cleaner, oven liner, or protective coating of any kind should be used in or around any part of the oven. Do not use harsh/abrasive cleaners, scourers or sharp metal scrapers to clean the oven door glass since they scratch the surface, which may result in the glass shattering.
- Clean only the parts listed in this manual.
- Do not use a steam cleaner to clean any part of the oven.
- Before starting a Self Clean cycle, remove oven shelves, side racks, and all other cookware/utensils, and wipe up large food spills or grease deposits.
- Do not store things children might want above the oven. Children could be burned or injured while climbing on the oven to retrieve items.
- Do not install or operate the appliance if it is damaged or not working properly. If you receive a damaged product, contact your dealer or installer immediately.
- Use only bakeware approved for oven use. Follow the bakeware manufacturer’s instructions.