Using the Meat Probe
Use your meat probe to accurately judge when your meat is perfectly cooked. You can use the probe with any function.
- Select the oven function and temperature. Preheat the oven if appropriate.
Remember Roast and Fan Grill do not require preheating.
- Insert the metal probe horizontally into the centre of the thickest part of the fully defrosted meat. The thicker the meat, the longer it will take to cook, so it is important that the probe is measuring the temperature of the meat at its thickest point. Make sure the probe does not touch bone, fat or gristle, as these will heat up more quickly than the lean meat.
- Place the meat in the grill pan (or other suitable uncovered) dish.
- When the oven has preheated (if required) to the set temperature, place the pan in the oven and insert the plug end of the meat probe into the probe socket, using an oven mitt if the oven is hot. The probe socket is on the left hand side of the oven, between shelf positions 4 and 5. Make sure the probe is pushed completely into the socket, then close the oven door.
Tips for Using the Meat Probe
- You can still use the timer when the meat probe is in use.
- You cannot use the meat probe with Automatic cooking or rotisserie.
- The internal temperature of the meat will continue to rise by a few degrees after you have removed it from the oven, so allow for this in your calculations. Cover with foil and let it rest for 15 to 20 minutes.
- If you wish to remove the meat from the oven (eg basting), unplug the meat probe from the socket but do not remove it from the meat. The display will show -- . When you are ready to resume cooking, re-insert the probe plug into the socket and the display will will alternate between the preset and current internal temperature of the meat.
- Use only the meat probe supplied with your oven, purchased from your Fisher & Paykel dealer or replaced under warranty by your nearest Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technican.
- Hold the meat probe at the handle when inserting and removing it from food and the meat probe socket.
- Remember to remove the meat probe from the oven before you start a self-clean cycle.
- Do not store the probe in the oven.
- Only use the probe with fully defrosted food.
- Wash the meat probe in mild soapy water but do not immerse. It is NOT dishwasher safe.