- During the pyrolytic Self Clean cycle the extremely high temperature burns off and breaks down grime and grease deposits. All that is left is a small amount of grey ash that you can easily remove.
- There is a choice of Self Clean cycles:
- Self Clean (5 hours) (for normal soiling).
- Light Self Clean (4 hours) (suitable for a light or localised soiling).
Double oven models only:
- Only one oven can be self-cleaned at a time.
- During the Self clean cycle you cannot use the other oven or set Automatic cooking.
- You must clean the inside glass door panel BEFORE starting a self-clean cycle. Failure to do this may result in permanent staining or marking of the door glass.
- Do not use oven cleaners, any degreasing cleaners, or oven liners.
- Make sure you remove the side racks, oven shelves and trays and all other bakeware and utensils from the oven before starting a Self Clean cycle. If left in the oven, they will become permanently discoloured or damaged; items made from combustible materials (eg wood, fabric, plastic) may even catch fire.
- Do not use your oven to clean miscellaneous parts.
- Make sure the room is well ventilated.
- Before starting a Self Clean cycle, make sure you move any pet birds to another, closed and well- ventilated room. Some pet birds are extremely sensitive to the fumes given off during a Self Clean cycle, and may die if left in the same room as the oven during such a cycle.
- During a Self Clean cycle, the oven reaches higher temperatures than it does for cooking. Under such conditions, the surfaces may get hotter than usual and children should be kept away.
- The oven door will be locked during the Self Clean cycle (approximately 5 hours).
- If there are cracks or flaws on any of the oven door glass panes, if the oven seal is damaged or worn, or if the door does not close properly, do not start a Self Clean cycle. Call your Authorised Repairer or Customer Care.
To start a Self Clean cycle
1a Remove oven shelves, side racks and all other accessories, bakeware, and utensils.
1b Wipe up any spills. Failure to do so may discolour the oven surfaces.
1c Check the inner glass pane of the oven door. If it has soiling on it (eg stains from greasy splatter), you will need to clean it manually before starting a Self Clean cycle. For instructions, see ‘Care and cleaning’.
If soiling is left on the glass, it will become burnt on during the Self Clean cycle, making it very difficult to remove.
2a Close the oven door firmly.
2b Double oven models only:
Select either the UPPER or LOWER oven.
Ensure the function dial for the other oven is turned to ‘off’.
3 Select the Self Clean function.
4 Press the right scroll button once for the Self Clean cycle
The temperature indicator will be blank, as temperature cannot be adjusted.
5 Press the select button to start the Self Clean cycle.
During the Self Clean cycle
- the temperature and function halos will remain off.
- the Self Clean function will be lit.
- the display will countdown the time remaining.
- the cancel button will glow red.
When a Self Clean cycle has finished
The oven will:
- emit a long tone
- automatically turn off
- automatically unlock the door.
In a few seconds, the display will show the time of day.
You need to:
- wait for the oven to cool down completely
- remove the grey ash with a small brush or damp cloth
- wipe out the oven with a clean damp cloth
- dry with a clean lint-free cloth
- replace the side racks and shelves.
To cancel a Self Clean cycle
- A Self Clean cycle can be cancelled at any time by pressing the cancel button.
- The door will not unlock until the oven has cooled to a safe temperature. This will take 40 minutes. Do NOT turn off the mains power supply to the oven (wall switch). Turning off the power while the oven is too hot may damage the oven and its surrounding cabinetry.
To cancel a Self Clean cycle, press the cancel button.
- If the oven needs to cool down, the Self Clean function indicator will stay lit, the display will show the remaining cool-down time, the temperature indicator will show cascading bars and the door will remain locked.
Double oven models only:
You will not be able to use either oven until the oven undergoing the self clean cycle has cooled down.
- When it has cooled down, the oven will turn off, the door will unlock, a long tone will sound and the display will show the time of day.
- We do not recommend cancelling a Self Clean cycle and then immediately starting one again.