Electrical shock hazard
Important Safety Instructions
- Installation of this dishwasher requires basic mechanical and electrical skills.
- Be sure to leave these Instructions with the Customer.
- Installation must comply with your local building and electricity regulations.
- At the completion of the dishwasher installation, the Installer must perform the 'Final Checklist'.
- Remove all packaging materials supplied with the dishwasher.
- This dishwasher is manufactured for indoor use only.
- Ensure all water connections are turned OFF. It is the responsibility of the plumber and electrician to ensure that each installation complies with all Codes and Regulations.
- The dishwasher MUST be installed to allow for future removal from the enclosure if service is required.
- The switched power outlet must be outside the dishwasher cavity, so that it is accessible after installation.
- Care should be taken when the appliance is installed or removed to reduce the likelihood of damage to the power supply cord and hoses.
- If the dishwasher is to be relocated from one installation to another it must be kept upright to avoid damage from water spillage.
- Make sure only new hoses are used for connection (supplied with the dishwasher). Old hoses should not be reused.
- Failure to install the dishwasher correctly could invalidate any warranty or liability claims.
- If the power supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a dealer or Authorised Repairer or a similar qualified trades person in order to avoid a hazard.
- Ensure the dishwasher is placed between cabinetry. Failure to do so may result in an unstable product, which may cause damage or injury.
- Do not store or use petrol, or other flammable vapours and liquids in the vicinity of the dishwasher.
- Connect to a properly rated, protected and sized power supply circuit to avoid electrical overload.
- Make sure that the power supply cord is located so that it will not be stepped on, tripped over or otherwise subject to damage or stress
- Do not install or store the dishwasher where it will be exposed to temperatures below freezing or exposed to weather.
- Do not use an extension cord or a portable electrical outlet device (e.g. multi-socket outlet box) to connect the dishwasher to the power supply.
- This appliance must be earthed. In the event of a malfunction or breakdown, earthing will reduce the risk of electric shock by providing a path of least resistance for electric current.
- This appliance is equipped with a cord having an equipment-earthing conductor and a earthing plug. The plug must be plugged into an appropriate outlet that is installed and earthed in accordance with all local codes and ordinances.
- EARTHING INSTRUCTIONS - This appliance must be connected to a earthed metal, permanent wiring system, or an equipment-earthing conductor must be run with the circuit conductors and connected to the equipment-earthing terminal or lead on the appliance.