Disconnect the dishwasher from the power supply (unplug or switch off at the circuit breaker) and allow all its parts to cool before any cleaning or maintenance.
- If the dishwasher is not going to be used for some time, we recommend you leave it clean and empty. Leave the drawer(s) ajar to allow air to circulate. Turn off both the power and water supply to the dishwasher.
- When using your dishwasher for the first time after a long period away, we recommend pouring 3 cups of water into the drawer before loading and starting a wash. This is to lubricate components that may have dried out during non-use.
Cleaning the surfaces
- Wipe with a clean damp cloth. Take care not to wet the control panel.
- Dry with a clean lint-free cloth.
We do not recommend the use of the following cleaning aids on your dishwasher as they may damage the surfaces:
- Plastic or stainless steel scouring pads
- Abrasive, solvent, household cleaners
- Acid or alkaline cleaners
- Hand washing liquids or soap
- Stainless steel cleaners or polishes
- Laundry detergents or disinfectants
Cleaning the drain filter, spray arm and filter plate
- We recommend that the drain filter and filter plate in each drawer are removed and cleaned about once a month in normal use or whenever there is evidence of food particles.
- The spray arm in normal use should require cleaning less frequently.
Cleaning the drain filter and filter plate
- If a dishwasher cleaner / descaler is used, you must run a wash programme with detergent immediately afterward to prevent any damage to your dishwasher.
- The dishwasher must be used with the filter plate, drain filter and spray arm correctly in place.
- We recommend that you always use the dishwasher with the right hand fixed tine plate rack or fold down tine rack (depending on model) in place.
Remove the fixed tine plate rack and/or the base rack first
Unplug the dishwasher or turn it off at the power supply.
Note: For ease of access to the drain filter and filter plate you may find it easier to remove the whole base rack first. To remove the whole base rack: lift the rack up from the back first to prevent it knocking against the detergent and rinse aid dispenser and lift out.
- If the base rack is left in - to then access the drain filter:
Remove the cutlery basket
Lift the trap door up
Lift the front of the fixed tine plate rack to unclip it from the base rack
Slide the fixed tine plate rack forward clear of the rear anchoring loop and lift out.
Removing the drain filter and filter plate to clean
Replacing the filter plate and drain filter
Cleaning the spray arm
- Unplug the dishwasher or turn it off at the power supply.
- Unclip the glass supports (if fitted) from the rack wires and fold all the adjustable racks away, so that they are upright and close to the top.
- Remove the base rack carefully. Lift from the back end first to prevent knocking the detergent and rinse aid dispenser.
- Lift the spray arm and shake any foreign material out.
Rinse it clean under running water and wipe with a damp cloth.
- Replace the spray arm back onto the impeller.
Check the spray arm is firmly seated and turns freely.
- Replace the base rack, lowering its front edge into position first.
- Plug the dishwasher back in or turn it on at the power supply.
Where there is broken crockery or glass in the drawer, it must be carefully removed to prevent damage to the dishwasher.
When refitting the base rack, ensure the outer edges of the rack sit on all the rests within the inside of the drawer.