Please read and follow the ‘Safety and warnings’ and ‘Installation instructions’ sections carefully before using your washer dryer!
Please check you received the following accessories with your Fisher & Paykel washer dryer. You will find them inside the drum:
- 1 x Inlet hose
- 1 x Drain hose guide
- 1 x Installation instructions and user guide
- 1 x Spanner
- 1 x Installation leaflet (attached to the top of the washer)
- 1 x Hose clamp (WD8060P1 model only)
To ensure the best performance from your new washer dryer please follow the instructions below.
Removing The Packaging
- Remove the outer packaging (including the polystyrene packer and plastic wrapping). All packaging must be removed prior to use. Ensure these materials are kept out of reach of children.
Asmall amount of water may be seen inside the packaging and inside the washer dryer. This is the result of factory testing and is normal.
- Tilt the product backwards and ‘walk’ it off the base one foot at a time. Not doing so may cause damage to your floor and washer dryer.
- Remove all packaging and accessories from inside the drum.
Removing The Transit Bolts
The clothes washer dryer is fitted with 4 transit bolts at the rear to prevent internal damage during transportation.
- The 4 transit bolts MUST be removed prior to operation of the machine. Failure to remove these will result in damage to the product.
- Ensure packaging materials are kept out of reach of children.
- Please help protect the environment and dispose of the packaging from around the washer dryer in an environmentally friendly manner.
To Remove The Bolts:
- Use a spanner or socket to unscrew and remove all four transit bolts at the back of the washer dryer (A).
- Pull the black rubber grommets to remove the bolt, grommet and white plastic spacers from the machine. Keep the transit bolts in case they are required for future transit of the machine. Never transport the machine without the transit bolts properly fixed in place.
- Cover the bolt holes with the white plastic plugs which are attached to the machine and located near each hole (B). Push to clip into place.
|Removing the transit safety bolts|
- The washer dryer must be installed in a well-ventilated, dust-free environment.
- The washer dryer must not be installed on any textured floor coverings (eg carpet, rugs) to ensure that openings at the base of the machine are not obstructed.
- Do not install the washer dryer behind a lockable door, sliding door, or behind a door where the hinge is on the opposite side to that of the washer dryer in such a way that the full opening of the door is inhibited. Ensure the washer dryer door can always be opened fully.
This washer dryer CANNOT BE INVERTED AND MOUNTED ON THE WALL.
|Overall height of product||850||850||850|
|B Overall width of product||600||600||600|
|C Overall depth of product (including dial and door when closed)||590||590||645|
|D Depth with door open||1010||1010||1065|
|E Minimum door clearance to adjacent wall||330||330||330|
|Standpipe height||min. 800 – 1200||min. 800 – 1200||min. 800 – 1200|
The exact height of your washer dryer is dependent on how far the feet are extended from the base of the machine. The space where you install your washer dryer needs to be at least 40mm wider and 20mm deeper than its dimensions.
This machine must not be installed and operated on a plinth.
Levelling The Machine
It is IMPORTANT to level the machine to ensure good spin performance, and to minimise noise, vibrations and wear and tear on the washer dryer.
The machine is considered level when the bubble sits in the centre of the two lines when placed flat on top of the machine.
Never unscrew the feet completely from their housings.
After levelling, the corners of the washer dryer cabinet should be clear of the floor and the machine must not rock in any direction.
Levelling the feet
Locking the feet
Connecting to The Water Supply
Straight (tap) end Elbow (machine) end
Inlet hose ends
- Connect the straight end of the inlet hose to the cold tap and the elbow end to the machine inlet valve. Tighten the inlet hose end by hand until the hose seal just makes contact with the tap sealing face and then tighten a further half-turn. Make sure there are no kinks in the hose.
- Turn the tap on and check for leaks. Check for leaks again after 24 hours.
The cold water temperature should not exceed 35°C.
Water Supply Requirements:
- Inlet water pressure: Maximum 1000kPa (150psi), Minimum 30kPa (4.5psi)
- Inlet water flow rate: Minimum 6 litres/minute
An internal heater in the product will heat the cold water to the selected cycle temperature.
Drain hose placement in a stand pipe or tub
Attaching Drain Hose To Spigot
Fitting the drain hose guide
Attaching drain hose to spigot
- This appliance must be connected to a 220V – 240V, 50Hz, sinusoidal, minimum 10A electrical supply.
- Uncoil the power cord, remove and discard the plastic pin cover and plug into a wall socket.
- Connect the appliance to an earthed outlet protected by a fuse of suitable capacity.
- Check the power cord for damage and make sure it is not squashed or twisted when installing the washer.
- Always remove the power cord from a socket by the plug, not by the cord.
- If you are using an extension cord or a portable electrical outlet device (eg multi-socket outlet box), ensure that it is positioned so that it does not come into contact with water or moisture. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN DEATH OR ELECTRICAL SHOCK.
- Do not touch or operate the machine with wet hands or with bare-feet.
- A damaged power cord must be replaced by a Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician, in order to avoid a hazard. The appliance must not be operated until it is repaired, as there is a risk of electric shock.
- Do not operate this machine if it has been damaged during transport. Contact your Fisher & Paykel dealer or Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician.
|Available from your Fisher & Paykel dealer or a Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician.|
|Hose Inlet Long (2m)||Part No. 422680P|
|Hose Inlet Large Bore||Part No. 426123P|
|Drain Hose Extension (not suitable for attaching to a spigot)||Part No. 425627P|
Completing The Installation
Installation Test Cycle
Do this before you wash or dry any items in your washer dryer. This is to check that your washer dryer is installed and functioning correctly prior to use.
- Turn your washer dryer on by pressing the ‘POWER’ button.
- Select the ‘Quick Wash 30’ cycle. Ensure the drum is empty and the door closed.
- Touch the button. The machine will start to fill.
- Observe the machine for any problems (eg leaking from the hose, excess noise or vibrations).
- The washer will beep and display any faults on the screen if there are any problems. Refer to ‘Before you call for Service’ section at the back of this book.
- Wait until you see water in the bottom of the drum.
- Touch to stop the cycle, then press ‘POWER’ to turn the machine off.
- Press ‘POWER’ again, select the ‘Spin’ cycle and touch .
- Check the drain hose is firmly secured to the standpipe or tub, or spigot.
- Observe that the machine pumps out the water, and spins.
If there are any problems, you must address these before proceeding with normal use. The washer dryer will automatically turn off at the end of the cycle if there are no problems.