When a continuous series of beeps is sounded, all the lights turn off on the control panel and a number appears on the display, a fault has occurred. The washer will automatically enter this mode if a fault occurs. The fault code will be displayed as followed by a number on the digital display. To stop the sound, touch any button and perform the following steps:
- Turn your machine off at the power point.
- Wait one minute and turn it back on.
- Check your machine is correctly levelled (refer to page 8).
- Remove your wash load.
- Perform a ‘Rinse’ cycle.
- If the fault re-occurs repeat steps 1 and 2.
- If the machine still will not work you will be required to call a Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician to arrange service (refer to the ‘Customer Care’ section). Record the fault code number displayed and the serial number of your washer (located on the rear of the machine, and/or above the drum opening when the door is open) before calling. The fault code will indicate to the Repairer what the problem could potentially be.
If a fault code is being displayed, you can still turn your washer off by pressing ‘POWER’.