Sorting & Loading
When preparing your wash load there are some important things to consider:
Sort items according to colour, fabric type, and soil type. Wash fine, delicate fabrics separately from thick, heavy fabrics. Always separate coloured items from whites, especially when they are new. Colour run could be an issue if you wash items at higher temperatures. Some soils, like mud and blood are best washed in cold water. Oily soils (eg some foods and marks on shirt collars) are best washed in warm water. The following are recommendations for what cycles and settings you may wish to wash different items on, and suggestions for special wash requirements.
|Item/Wash Requirements||Suggested Cycle and Option*||Suggested Temperature|
|Towels||Everyday, 1400 or 1200 rpm spin||30°C or 40°C|
|Sheets, pillowcases||Everyday, 1400 or 1200 rpm spin||30°C or 40°C|
|Bulky items – doonas, duvets, sleeping bags||Bulky||30°C or 40°C|
|Polycotton items||Synthetic, 1100 or 1200 rpm spin||40°C|
|Woollens, silks||Wool, Handwash, 500 rpm||30°C or 40°C|
|Delicates, fine fabrics||Delicate, Wool or Handwash||30°C|
|Jeans||Everyday or Heavy||Cold or 30°C|
|Highly coloured items||Everyday||Cold or 30°C|
|Whites, cotton items||Cottons, 1400 or 1200 rpm spin||40°C or 60°C|
|Have sensitive skin or require extra rinsing?||Allergy, Rinse+, 1400 or 1200 rpm spin||40°C|
|Lightly soiled items||Quick, Super Quick or TimeSaver||30°C|
|Muddy, sandy or linty items||Everyday, Pre Wash and Rinse+||Cold|
|Smelly washer||Drum Clean||90°C|
*Cycles and spin speeds available will depend on your washer model.
Before You Load
- Check pockets for items that could damage your clothes or get caught in the washer.
- Close zippers, hooks and eyes, and other fastenings (ie fasten the opening of duvet/ doona covers), and remove loose bra wires. All these can damage both your washer and your clothes.
- Place delicate items, such as lingerie, in a mesh laundry bag before placing in the machine.
- Pre-treat any stains, taking care not to spray pre-treaters on your washer as they can cause damage to the plastic surfaces.
Your washer will be more efficient when washing larger loads, so try to collect enough items to loosely fill the drum when the items are dry.
- Do not overload your washing machine beyond its rated capacity.
- Please do not under any circumstances wash an electric blanket in your washer unless the care label specifically states it is safe to do so.
- Do not wash curtains in this washer, as sunlight makes them brittle and they may disintegrate during washing.