The door of your washer will lock once you touch until the machine beeps at the end of the cycle, ensuring safety for you and your family while your machine is operating.
To Unlock The Door During The Cycle
- You can open the door to add or remove items during the wash simply by touching the button.
The door will remain locked if the temperature inside the washer is above 60°C and/or the water level is above the bottom of the door seal (a warning will be displayed in these circumstances, refer to ‘Before you call for service’).
- Simply touch , the machine will pause and the door will automatically unlock if the conditions inside the washer are safe. The button and time to go will flash on the screen while the washer is paused. Open the door and remove or add garments. Close the door and touch to resume the cycle.
Add a Garment (WM1490F, WM1490P and WM1480P Models Only)
The ‘Add a Garment’ function can be used to interrupt the cycle to add or remove a garment at any time during the wash part of the cycle (as long as the wash temperature selected is lower than 60°C). Water in the machine will be drained to a level where the door can be opened, if necessary. Refer to ‘Wash cycle options’ for more information.
Opening The Door During a Power Failure
If there is a power failure during a wash cycle your washer will stop and the door will remain locked. You can unlock the washer door to remove your clothes by opening the pump filter cover at the bottom right of your washer. Simply place a coin or key in the slot and tilt it upwards to lever the cover open, then pull the door release tab.
Manual door opening mechanism
When power is restored you will need to restart your machine by simply pressing ‘POWER’. The washer will remember where in the cycle it was up to.
Your Washer Also Has The Following Protective Measures:
- Flood protection – turns off valves and turns pump on if a flood condition is detected.
- Out-of-balance protection – stops and redistributes the load if an unbalanced load condition is sensed, and/or slows the spin speed to compensate.
- Excess suds protection – pauses to allow suds to break down before continuing the cycle.