- It is important to keep the interior of the drawer clean to help prevent food from becoming contaminated during storage.
- The amount and types of food stored determines how often cleaning should be carried out (ideally once every 1 to 2 weeks).
- For ease of cleaning, remove the storage bins from the drawer and wash in a solution using liquid dishwashing detergent dissolved in warm water with a soft lint-free cloth.
- Rinse the bins with clean water and dry with a clean, lint-free cloth before replacing into the drawer.
- The main storage tray can also be removed for cleaning. To remove the tray, slide the clips located on the back sides of the tray, into the centre of the tray. Ensure the clips are pushed back to the sides once the tray is placed back into the drawer.
- Wipe the control panel with a soft, damp, lint-free cloth.
- Wipe trays and interior surfaces with a solution using liquid dishwashing detergent dissolved in warm water, or baking soda dissolved in warm water (add 1 tsp of baking soda to every 500 ml of water) with a soft lint-free cloth.
- To help remove any “old stale refrigerator” smells add a few drops of vanilla essence or vinegar to the water before cleaning.
- Do no use harsh chemicals, abrasives, ammonia, chlorine, bleach, concentrated detergents, solvents or abrasive scouring pads on any part of your drawer. SOME of these chemicals may dissolve, damage and/or discolour the interior of your drawer.
Removal of storage tray
- It is important when cleaning the exterior surfaces of your drawer to use only liquid dishwashing detergent dissolved in warm water with a soft lint-free cloth.
- Rinse surfaces with clean water and dry with a clean, lint-free cloth.
- It is recommended to clean the magnetic door gasket every three months with an old toothbrush, and liquid dishwashing detergent dissolved in warm water.
- Gasket must be kept clean and pliable to assure a proper seal.
- Petroleum jelly applied lightly on the hinge side of the gasket will keep the gasket
Air Inlet Duct
We recommend you leave your appliance operating while you are on holiday. Remove all perishable food from the drawer.