Before Placing Food in the Drawer
- Clean the inside of the appliance with warm water and a little liquid detergent to remove manufacturing and transportation dust.
- Ideally, allow the drawer to run empty overnight, or for at least 5 hours, to allow it to cool to the appropriate temperature before placing food inside.
- The appliance may have an odour initially, but this will go when the compartment has cooled sufficiently.
For the most energy efficient use of your appliance:
- Ensure your CoolDrawer™ has adequate ventilation as recommended in the installation instructions booklet.
- Allow good clearances in front of air ducts within the CoolDrawer™.
- Cool hot foods down before placing them in the CoolDrawer™.
- Do not overfill the CoolDrawer™.
- Keep door openings to a minimum.
- Select a temperature setting that isn’t too cold.
If your appliance is turned off for any reason, wait 10 minutes before turning it back on. This will allow the refrigeration system pressures to equalise before restarting.
The temperature of the drawer is accurately controlled and does not change with the temperature or humidity of the surroundings; whether summer or winter.