Electric Shock Hazard
Important Safety Instructions
Use this appliance only for the intended purpose as described in the user guide.
When using your CoolDrawer™, follow basic precautions, including the following:
• Read all instructions before using your CoolDrawer™.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- Risk of child entrapment. Before you throw away your old CoolDrawer™ :
- Take off the door.
- Leave the bins in place so that children may not easily climb inside.
- Keep ventilation openings, in the appliance enclosure or in the built-in structure, clear of obstruction.
- Do not use mechanical devices or other means to accelerate the defrosting process, other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not damage the refrigerant circuit.
- Do not use electrical appliances inside the food storage compartments of the appliance, unless they are of the type recommended by the manufacturer.
- To avoid a hazard due to instability of the appliance, it must be fixed in accordance with the instructions.
- Extreme care must be taken when disposing of your old CoolDrawer™ to avoid hazards. The refrigerant gas must be safely removed and for the safety of young children, remove the door.
- Your Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician will be able to give advice on Environmentally friendly methods of disposing of your old CoolDrawer™.
- This appliance must be properly installed in accordance with the installation instructions before use.
- Never unplug your CoolDrawer™ by pulling on the power cord.
- Always grip the plug firmly and pull straight out from the outlet.
- Do not plug in any other appliance at the same power point as your CoolDrawer™ or use extension cords or double adapters.
- Repair or replace immediately all electric service cords that have become frayed or otherwise damaged. Do not use a cord that shows cracks or abrasion along its length or at either the plug or appliance end.
- If the power supply cord is damaged, it must only be replaced by your Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician.
- Unplug your CoolDrawer™ before cleaning.
Storing food and drinks
- Never store volatile or flammable materials in your CoolDrawer™ as they may explode.
- Never freeze liquids in glass containers. Liquid expands during freezing, which may cause the container to explode.
- Never freeze carbonated drinks. They may explode.
- Do not consume food if it is too cold. Food removed from the freezer may be cold enough to cause damage when brought into contact with bare skin, eg. frozen ice cubes.
- The exterior and interior of your CoolDrawer™ should be regularly cleaned. Only clean it with a solution of liquid dishwashing detergent dissolved in warm water. Do not use any other cleaning products.
- Many commercially available cleaning products contain solvents which may attack plastic components of your CoolDrawer™ and cause them to crack.
- Always keep the floor around the toe kick area clean to limit the amount of dirt or dust that may enter the condenser cooling circuit of the product.