Electrical Shock Hazard
Important Safety Instructions
- Particular attention shall be given to the relevant requirements regarding ventilation.
- Read these instructions carefully before installing this product.
- Please make this information available to the person installing the appliance as it could reduce your installation costs.
- This appliance must be installed and serviced only by a suitably qualified and registered person, and in accordance with the current editions of the following standards and regulations or other locally applicable regulations:
- Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations
- Building Regulations
- British Standards
- Regulations for Electrical Installation
- Incorrect installation, for which the manufacturer accepts no responsibility, may cause personal injury or damage and could invalidate any warranty or liability claims.
- This gas appliance is suitable for connection only to the gas type for which it was set at the factory, as declared on the appliance data label. It is not convertible for use on any other gas type. If in doubt, refer to the local gas network operator or gas supplier to confirm gas type at installation site.
- Do not modify this appliance.
- Do not use or store flammable materials on or near this appliance.
- Do not spray aerosols in the vicinity of this appliance while it is in operation.
- Packing elements (eg plastic bags, polystyrene foam, staples, packing straps etc) and tools should not be left around during and after installation, especially if they are within easy reach of children, as these may cause serious injuries.
- You must remove the transit screws before installing the cooktop. See step 8 of installation instructions.
- The appliance should be installed in a room or space with an air supply in accordance with BS 5440:2 2009.
- For rooms with a volume of less than 5 m3, permanent ventilation through a free area of at least 100 cm2 will be required.
- For rooms with a volume between 5 m3 and 10 m3, permanent ventilation through a free area of at least 50 cm2 will be required, unless the room has a door which opens directly to the outside air, in which case no permanent ventilation is required.
- For rooms with a volume greater than 10 m3, no permanent ventilation is required
- Regardless of room size, all rooms containing the appliance must have direct access to the outside air via an open window or equivalent.
- Where there are other fuel-burning appliances in the same room, BS 5440-2: 2009 should be consulted to determine the correct amount of free area ventilation requirements.
- The above requirements also allow for use of a gas oven and grill, but you need to consult a qualified engineer if there are other gas-burning appliances in the same room.
Before you Install the Appliance, Please Make Sure that
- The local distribution conditions (nature of gas and pressure) and the adjustment of the appliance are compatible. For adjustment conditions for this appliance see ‘Gas rate summary’.
- A suitable disconnection switch is incorporated in the permanent wiring, mounted and positioned to comply with the local wiring rules and regulations. A means of disconnection with at least a 3 mm air gap contact separation in all poles must be incorporated into the fixed wiring in accordance with the wiring rules, unless the local wiring rules allow for alternative means.
- The appliance is connected to a 220V - 240V 50Hz (10 A) power supply only and earthed via the power supply cable.
- There is a power outlet within reach of the power supply cable (900 mm from the centre rear of the product). This must be accessible after installation. The power supply cable should not touch any metal parts.
- If the power supply cable is damaged, it is replaced only by the special cable: Part no. 534994 KIT SPARES TRMNL BLK-FLEX 11, obtainable from authorised Fisher & Paykel Service Agents
- The supply connection point (gas shut- off valve) is accessible after installation.
- The benchtop is made of a heat resistant material.
- The installation complies with all the requirements of all current local codes and regulations.
When you Install the Appliance
- We do not recommend you flush mount or seal this appliance into the bench with silicone or glue. Doing so will make future servicing difficult. Fisher & Paykel will not be liable for any costs associated with removing or replacing a sealed-in appliance, nor for repairing any damage that may be incurred by doing this.
- If installed with an approved flexible hose, the hose should not come in contact with the bottom of the appliance or any sharp edges. Flexible hose assemblies should be BS 699.1 certified.
- Seal exposed bare edges of the cutout with an oil-based paint or moisture- proof polyurethane to prevent possible moisture creeping between the cooktop trim and the benchtop.
- Take extreme care not to chip, crack, or break the top glass surfaces during installation. A heavy metal tool or part accidentally dropped on the glass could damage it.
- If, after following the instructions given, correct performance cannot be achieved, please contact your nearest Fisher & Paykel Authorised Service Centre, Customer Care, or contact us through our website listed at the end of this document.