Important Safety Instructions
- WARNING! - When using your dishwasher, follow basic precautions, including the following:
- Read all instructions before using the dishwasher.
- The information in this manual must be followed to minimise the risk
- of fire or explosion or to prevent property damage, personal injury or loss of life.
- Use the dishwasher only for its intended function as described in this user guide and in your ‘Quick start guide’.
- This appliance is intended to be used in household and similar applications such as:
- staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments;
- farm houses;
- by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;
- bed and breakfast type environments.
- Use only detergents or rinse aid recommended for use in a domestic dishwasher and keep them out of reach of children. Check that the detergent dispenser(s) is empty after the completion of each wash program.
- When loading items to be washed, locate sharp items so that they are not likely to damage the internal lid of the dishwasher and load sharp knives with the handle up to reduce the risk of cut-type injuries.
- Do not touch the filter plate (in the dishwasher base) during or immediately after use, as it may be hot.
- Do not operate your dishwasher unless all enclosure panels are properly in place.
- Do not tamper with the controls.
- Do not abuse, sit on, stand in or on the drawer or dish rack of the dishwasher.
- The drawer should not be left in the open position since this could present a tripping hazard.
- The foldaway cup racks are designed to support cups, glasses and kitchen utensils. When the foldaway cup racks are in the drawer do not lean on or use them to support your body weight.
- To reduce the risk of injury, do not allow children to play in or on the dishwasher.
- Under certain conditions, hydrogen gas may be produced in a hot water heater system that has not been used for two weeks or more. HYDROGEN GAS IS EXPLOSIVE. If the hot water system has not been used for such a period, before using the dishwasher, turn on all hot water taps and let the water flow from each for several minutes. This will release any accumulated hydrogen gas. As the gas is flammable, do not smoke or use an open flame during this time.
Remove the door to the washing compartment when removing an old dishwasher from service or discarding it.
Some dishwasher detergents are strongly alkaline. They can be extremely dangerous if swallowed. Avoid contact with the skin and eyes and keep children away from the dishwasher when the door is open. Check that the detergent receptacle is empty after completion of the wash cycle.
- This dishwasher must be installed and located in accordance with
- the Installation instructions before it is used. If you did not receive Installation instructions with your dishwasher, you can order them by calling your Authorised Repairer or download them from our local Fisher & Paykel website, listed on the back cover.
- Installation and service must be performed by a qualified technician.
- If the power supply cord is damaged, it must be replaced by a dealer or Authorised Repairer or a similar qualified trades person in order to avoid a hazard.
- Ensure the dishwasher is secured to adjacent cabinetry using the brackets provided. Failure to do so may result in an unstable product, which may cause damage or injury.
- Do not operate this appliance if it is damaged, malfunctioning, partially disassembled or has missing or broken parts, including a damaged power supply cord or plug.
- Do not store or use petrol, or other flammable vapours and liquids in the vicinity of the dishwasher.
- Connect to a properly rated, protected and sized power supply circuit to avoid electrical overload.
- Make sure that the power supply
- cord is located so that it will not be stepped on, tripped over or otherwise subject to damage or stress.
- Do not install or store the dishwasher where it will be exposed to temperatures below freezing or exposed to weather.
- Do not use an extension cord or a portable electrical outlet device (e.g. multi-socket outlet box) to connect the dishwasher to the power supply.
- This appliance must be grounded. In the event of a malfunction or breakdown, grounding will reduce the risk of electric shock by providing a path of least resistance for electric current. This appliance is equipped with a cord having an equipment- grounding conductor and a grounding plug. The plug must be plugged into an appropriate outlet that is installed and grounded in accordance with all local codes and ordinances. WARNING - Improper connection of the equipment-grounding conductor can result in a risk of electric shock. Check with a qualified electrician or service representative if you are in doubt as to whether the appliance is properly grounded. Do not modify the plug provided with the appliance; if it will not fit the outlet, have a proper outlet installed by a qualified technician.
- If the dishwasher is installed as a permanently connected appliance: GROUNDING INSTRUCTIONS - This appliance must be connected to a grounded metal, permanent wiring system, or an equipment-grounding conductor must be run with the circuit conductors and connected to the equipment-grounding terminal or lead on the appliance.
- Disconnect the appliance from the power supply before any cleaning or maintenance.
- When disconnecting the appliance pull the plug rather than the power supply cord or junction of cord to avoid damage.
- Do not repair or replace any part of the appliance or attempt any servicing unless specifically recommended in this user guide. We recommend that you contact Customer Care to arrange service. See your ‘Service and warranty’ booklet for contact details.
- Keep the floor around your appliance clean and dry to reduce the possibility of slipping.
- Keep the area around/underneath your appliance free from the accumulation of combustible materials, such as lint, paper, rags and chemicals.
- Models with a remote control: Do not attempt to recharge, short-circuit, disassemble, heat or throw the remote control battery into a fire. Dispose of an old battery responsibly, keeping it out of reach of children.
- Under no circumstances should you open the drawer whilst the dishwasher is in operation.
- Always press the button to pause and wait until you hear the four additional beeps before opening the drawer.
- The dishwasher must be used with the motor assembly, filter plate,
- drain filter and spray arm in place. To identify what these parts are, see drawings in section ‘User maintenance instructions’ of this user guide.
- Take care when loading the drawer not to load dishware items so they prevent the internal lid from properly sealing with the drawer. Items should be placed so they do not protrude above and/or forced into the drawer, otherwise a service call may result.
- Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be done by children without supervision.
- Do not allow children to play inside, on or with this appliance or any discarded appliance.
- If the dishwasher is not being used for long periods of time, turn the electricity and water supply to the dishwasher off.
- Household appliances are not intended to be played with by children. Children of less than 8 years old must be kept away from the appliance unless continuously supervised. This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above, and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge, if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and they understand the hazards involved.
- If a dishwasher cleaner is used, we would strongly recommend a wash program with detergent should be run immediately afterward, to prevent any damage to the dishwasher.
- The dishwasher is designed for washing normal household utensils. Items that are contaminated by petrol, paint, steel or iron debris, corrosive, acidic or alkaline chemicals are not to be washed in the dishwasher.
- Do not wash plastic items unless they are marked “dishwasher safe” or equivalent. For plastic items not so marked, check the manufacturer’s recommendations.