Before you start
- It is important to sort your clothes, particularly separating white/light colours from dark colours, as well as separating out sheets and towels. Refer to the ‘Sorting’ and ‘Loading’ sections.
- Wash new, highly coloured and dark coloured items separately to prevent dye transfer onto other items.
- Sort lint givers and lint collectors (refer to the ‘Sorting’ section).
- Close bra clasps, do up zippers and check pockets.
- Place your clothes directly into the wash bowl.
- Place the load evenly around the agitator (refer to ‘Sorting’ and ‘Loading’ sections).
- Remove fabric softener dispenser cup.
- Follow the manufacturer’s instructions on the detergent package.
- Use the size of the load as a guide to the amount of detergent to use (refer to the ‘Detergent’ section).
- Pour the detergent down the centre of the agitator stem.
- Replace the fabric softener dispenser cup (this stops small articles falling down the centre of the agitator).
If you wish to use fabric softener, place it in the fabric softener dispenser cup on the top of the agitator (refer to the ‘Fabric Softener’ section).
Fabric softener must not be used if you have selected the ‘Eco Rinse’ option (refer to the ‘Fabric Softener’ section).
Using your washer
The buttons require only a gentle touch to activate.
- Touch ‘POWER’ to activate your QuickSmart™ washer.
- Select your desired wash cycle by gently touching the wash cycle button of your choice (refer to ‘Wash cycles’ section).
- Choose your wash options, eg you may want a ‘Warm’ wash temperature and a ‘Slow’ spin speed (refer to the ‘Wash options’ section).
- Touch to start the cycle. The washer will start to fill with water and select the correct wash action for your load.
For best fabric and colour care, remove your clothes as soon as the cycle has finished.
- Use ‘Keylock’ mode to lock the buttons on the display, which prevents them from being activated accidently by a washing basket or little fingers (refer to the ‘Washer controls’ section).
If you wish to stop your QuickSmart™ washer
- Touch .
During a spray rinse or spin, there will be a slight delay while the bowl slows to a stop and the lid is unlocked.
Failure to follow the advice in this guide may result in damage to your garments, and your expectations of wash performance may not be met.