Products that might damage your washer
- Concentrated bleaches, laundry pre-soakers/sanitisers, stain removers and hydrocarbon solvents (eg petrol and paint thinners) can cause damage to the surfaces eg control panel, and components of your washer.
- Be careful when washing garments stained with solvents as they are flammable. DO NOT put them in your dryer.
- Use of dyes in your washer may cause staining of the plastic components. The dye will not damage the washer but we suggest you thoroughly clean your washer afterwards. We do not recommend the use of dye strippers in your washer.
Washer sounds and beeps
- Your washer may make sounds that you will not have heard from other clothes washers.
- While draining, your washer may give several low thuds. Your washer is checking that the water has drained before spinning.
- Your washer will beep if you have used ‘No Spin’ and at the end of the cycle.
- If your washer is beeping continuously or giving a musical series of beeps, refer to the ‘Before you call for service’ section.
Automatic lint system
Your washer has a self-cleaning lint system. The washer automatically separates the lint from the wash water, traps the lint between the inner and outer bowls and flushes it out at the end of the wash.
Saving water, energy and the environment
Water efficient washing machines will save you money, but it is also worth thinking about energy use, recycling water and the environment. Some options to consider are:
- Turn the washer off at the wall when not in use.
- Turn off the taps when not in use.
- Wash full loads rather than several smaller loads.
- Use the ‘Auto’ water level option/function (where available).
- Use the ‘Eco-Active™’ wash and Eco-Rinse option/functions (where available).
- Follow instructions on the detergent packet – do not overdose.
- Use concentrated detergent – it costs less per wash.
- Consider re-using the washing machines grey water on the garden or for flushing your toilet – more information can be found on government websites promoting energy and water saving.