Choosing the right detergent
- Your CleanSmart™ washer is a High Efficiency clothes washer and needs a Low Sudsing Detergent to prevent oversudsing problems. This is the same type of detergent Front Loaders use and is labelled, “Low Suds”, “Front Loader”, “High Efficiency” or “HE”.
- We recommend the use of liquid detergents in most washing situations to achieve the best results. This is particularly important when washing dark garments.
- When washing woollens use a wool detergent but use it sparingly as these are usually very high foaming.
- Do not use soap flakes or granulated soap powders.
How much detergent?
Follow the instructions stated on the back of the detergent packet as a guide to the correct amount to use. The correct amount of detergent will vary depending on the amount of soil in your clothes and the size of your load. Jeans and work clothes may need more and towels less.
- If you have over-foaming problems, reduce your dosage.
- If your clothes are not clean enough, try using a bit more.
Where do I put my detergent?
Pour your detergent into the detergent dispenser, located on the left side of the washer. We recommend that you measure your detergent first.
You will notice that most of the detergent placed in the dispenser will fall into the washer. It will remain in an area separated from your clothes until the washer begins to fill. As the washer fills, the dispenser will be flushed of any residue. The detergent is then mixed with water at the bottom of the washer, dissolving and activating it to ensure optimum wash performance.
Adding detergent to the detergent dispenser