When a continuous series of beeps sounds, all the lights turn off on the control panel and a number appears on the display, a fault has occurred. The dryer will automatically enter this mode if a fault occurs. The word ‘Fault’ will be shown in the control panel display followed by a number, refer to example. To stop the beeps, touch any button then perform the following steps:
- Turn your machine off at the power point.
- Wait one minute and turn it back on.
- Check your machine is installed correctly (refer to ‘Installation instructions’ section).
- Remove your load from the dryer and retry.
- Perform a ‘Time Dry’ cycle, eg Time Dry for 30 minutes.
- If the fault re-occurs repeat steps 1 and 2.
- If the machine still will not work call a Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician to arrange service (refer to ‘Customer care’ section). Record the fault code number displayed and the serial number of your dryer (located on the rear of the machine, or on the inside of the door below the glass) before calling. The fault code will indicate to the service technician what the problem could potentially be.