Use this appliance only for the intended purpose as described in the user guide.
Electrical Shock Hazard
To reduce the risk of electric shock or injury to persons, read the IMPORTANT SAFETY PRECAUTIONS before operating this appliance.
|This Wine Cabinet contains flammable refrigerant isobutane (R600a).|
Important safety instructions:
When using this appliance always exercise basic safety precautions including the following:
- This appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instructions concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Young children should be supervised to ensure they do not play with the appliance.
- To ensure the appliance is stable under all conditions, we recommend installing a stability bracket. Please refer to the ‘Installation instructions’ leaflet supplied.
- Keep ventilation openings, in the appliance enclosure or in the built-in structure, clear of obstruction.
- In case of damage to the refrigerant circuit, ventilate the area by opening all windows. Do not operate electrical equipment or any other equipment that may produce arcs, sparks or flames in the area. Contact your fisher & Paykel Authorised Repairer immediately to arrange for the appliance to be repaired.
- Do not store food and milk products in the wine Cabinet. The interior temperature may not be cool enough to prevent spoilage in food, and the expiry dates stated on the food packaging may be invalid.
- This appliance must be installed in accordance with the installation instructions before use.
- Always grip the plug firmly and pull straight out from the outlet.
- Do not plug in any other appliance at the same power point as your wine Cabinet.
- Repair or replace immediately all electric service cords that have become frayed or otherwise damaged. Do not use a cord that shows cracks or abrasion along its length, or at either the plug or appliance end.
- If the power supply cord is damaged, it must only be replaced by your fisher & Paykel Authorised Repairer.
- When moving your appliance, be careful not to roll over or damage the power cord.
- Do not use electrical appliances inside the wine Cabinet.
Your Wine Cabinet is designed to operate without the need for regular service checks. However, if your Wine Cabinet is malfunctioning, have it attended to by your fisher & Paykel Authorised Repairer as soon as possible.
Many commercially available cleaning products contain solvents which may attack plastic components of your wine Cabinet and cause them to crack. Please refer to the ‘Cleaning care’ section of this user guide for further advice.
Disposal and recycle
- Extreme care must be taken when disposing your old appliance to avoid hazards:
- The flammable refrigerant gas must be safely removed.
- The thermal insulation foam contained in this appliance is produced by flammable blowing gases, any exposed foam may be highly flammable and must be carefully treated during disposal.
- The doors should be removed, if possible and the shelves left in place so that children may not easily climb inside.
- Your Fisher & Paykel Authorised Repairer will be able to give advice on environmentally friendly methods of disposing your old wine Cabinet.
- It is hazardous for anyone other than an authorised repairer to service this appliance. In Queensland, Australia the authorised service person must hold a gas work licence or authorisation for hydrocarbon refrigerants to carry out service or repairs which involve removal of covers.
- DO NOT store explosive substances such as aerosol cans with a flammable propellant in this appliance.
- Never store volatile or flammable materials in your Wine Cabinet as they may explode.
- In the event of a power interruption, the Wine Cabinet will automatically save the current temperature settings. when power is recovered, the Wine Cabinet will revert to the current temperature settings only.
- Most power failures are corrected within a short period of time. 1 – 2 hours loss of power will not affect the Wine Cabinet’s temperatures.
- To avoid sudden change of temperature while the power is off, you should avoid opening the door for longer periods of power failure, do take steps to protect your wine.