Safety & Warnings
|Electric Shock Hazard
Use this appliance only for the intended purpose as described in the User guide.
Important Safety Instructions
When using this appliance always exercise basic safety precautions including
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- The manufacturer’s installation instructions for product and cabinetry ventilation must be followed when installing the appliance.
- To avoid hazard due to instability of the appliance, it must be fixed in accordance with installation instructions.
- Keep ventilation openings, in the appliance enclosure or the built-in structure, clear of obstruction.
- Do not use mechanical devices or other means to accelerate the defrosting process, other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not damage the refrigerant circuit.
- In case of damage to the refrigerant circuit, ventilate the area by opening all windows. Do not operate electrical equipment or any other equipment that may produce arcs, sparks or flames in the area. Contact your Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician immediately to arrange for the appliance to be repaired.
- It is hazardous for anyone other than a Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service person to service this appliance. In Queensland the service person must hold a gas work license or authorization for hydrocarbon refrigerants to carry our service or repairs which involve removal of covers.
- This appliance must be installed in accordance with the installation instructions before use.
- To allow disconnection of the appliance from the supply after installation, incorporate a switch in the fixed wiring in accordance with the local wiring rules.
- Never unplug your refrigerator by pulling on the power cord. Always grip the plug firmly and pull straight out from the outlet.
- Do not plug in any other appliance at the same power point as your refrigerator or use extension cords or double adapters.
- Repair or replace immediately all electric service cords that have become frayed or otherwise damaged. Do not use a cord that shows cracks or abrasion along its length or at either the plug or appliance end.
- If the power supply cord is damaged, it must only be replaced by your Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician.
- When moving your appliance away from the wall, be careful not to roll over or damage the power cord.
Do not use electrical appliances inside the food storage compartments of the appliance, unless they are of the type recommended by the manufacturer.
Your refrigerator is designed to operate for many years without the need for service checks. However, if your refrigerator is malfunctioning, have it attended to by your Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician as soon as possible.
All electrical repairs must be carried out by an adequately trained service technician or qualified electrician.
- Use only soap based cleaning products.
- Many commercially available cleaning products contain solvents that may attack the plastic components of your refrigerator and cause them to crack.
- Avoid using anti-bacterial cleaning products on either the interior or exterior of the cabinet as they may cause rusting of metal components and cracking of plastic components.
- Refer to the ‘Cleaning care instructions’ section of this User guide for your particular model for further information.
- Extreme care must be taken when disposing of your old appliance to avoid hazards
- The flammable refrigerant gas must be safely removed by a qualified service technician.
- The thermal insulation foam in this appliance may contain flammable insulation blowing gases, any exposed foam may be highly flammable and must be carefully treated during disposal.
DANGER: The doors and panels should be removed and the shelves left in place so that children may not easily climb inside.
- Consult your local energy authority or local codes as to the best way to dispose of your old appliance.
- Your Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician will be able to give advice on environmentally-friendly methods of disposing of your old refrigerator or freezer.
Storing Food & Drinks
- Do not store explosive substances such as aerosol cans with a flammable propellant in this appliance.
- Never store volatile or flammable materials in your refrigerator as they may explode.
- Never freeze liquids in glass containers. Liquid expands during freezing, which may cause the container to explode.
- Never freeze carbonated drinks. They may explode.