Stainless exterior door
- It is important when cleaning the exterior door surface of your refrigerator, to only use liquid dishwashing detergent dissolved in warm water.
- Dry the door with a clean, lint free cloth.
- The use of any abrasive or stainless steel cleaners and solvents will damage the door surface.
Jewellery can damage clear coat on door surface.
Other exterior surfaces
- Clean all other exterior surfaces with warm water and detergent.
- If necessary, clean the magnetic door gasket with an old toothbrush, warm water and detergent.
Water evaporator tray
- The water evaporator tray is found above the compressor at the back of the refrigerator or freezer. The tray may require infrequent cleaning.
- Carefully move the refrigerator or freezer out from the wall.
- Switch off the appliance.
- We do not recommend that you remove the evaporator tray. If cleaning is required, excess water can be soaked up from the evaporator tray using a sponge. Wipe out with warm water and detergent or disinfectant.
- Switch on the appliance and reposition the refrigerator.
- It is important to keep the interior of the refrigerator and freezer clean to help prevent food from becoming contaminated during storage.
- The amount and types of food stored determines how often cleaning should be carried out (ideally once every 1 to 2 weeks) in the refrigerator.
- Remove the shelves from cabinet and door. Wash shelves and storage bins in warm water and detergent; rinse in clean water and dry before replacing.
- Wipe over the interior surfaces with warm water and detergent or baking soda dissolved in warm water (add 1 teaspoon of baking soda to each 500 mls of water). Rinse with clean water.
- To help remove “old stale refrigerator” smells add a few drops of vanilla essence or vinegar to the water before cleaning.
- Clean interior surfaces with warm water and detergent. Use a toothbrush for the magnetic door gasket.
- Do not use harsh, abrasive cloths or cleaners or highly perfumed, strong smelling cleaners or solvents on any part of the refrigerator or freezer.
Many commercially available cleaning products contain solvents that may attack the plastic components of your freezer and cause them to crack. It is important to use only warm water and a small amount of liquid dishwashing detergent on any plastic components inside and outside your freezer. Avoid using anti-bacterial cleaning products on either the interior or exterior of the cabinet as they may cause rusting of metal components and cracking of plastic components.
Clean with warm water and detergent or a glass cleaner. If cleaning the shelves without removing from the cabinet, use only warm water and detergent as a glass cleaner can damage the plastic components of your refrigerator.
Bottle holder (where fitted)
- Clean with warm water and detergent. The use of abrasive cleaners and solvents may cause damage.
To remove trays or fixed bins
- For ease of removal, empty food from tray/bin first.
- Hold the centre front of the tray/bin handle.
- Lift vertically to unclip from the runners and pull tray/bin towards you to remove.
- Push runners back into refrigerator.
To replace trays or fixed bins:
- With the runners pushed back into the refrigerator, place the tray/bin on top of the runners. Push the tray/bin back slowly until you feel it clip back onto the runners.
Ensure that trays and bins are securely clipped onto the runners before use. Bin and tray runners are pre-lubricated, and will not need to be re-lubricated during their life. Do not attempt to clean grease from the runners, as this will affect their ability to function. Do not immerse runners in water.
Humidity Control System (where fitted)
In the event that the humidity control lid (plastic lid) and humidity slides become separated from the glass shelf, follow these instructions to reassemble.
|Fig.8 Humidity Control System cleaning|
Roll out fruit and vegetable bin (E415H model)
- Remove for cleaning by pulling out the compartment until it stops, lifting and then continuing to slide it forward until it is fully extended.
- Rest the door front on the floor and with the refrigerator compartment door open, remove the tray, divider rack and bin. Wash with warm water and detergent.
- Rinse, dry and replace.
Lower shelf in models with roll out fruit and vegetable bin (E415H model)
- Remove the front baffle after lifting its inner edge. With the refrigerator compartment door open, slide the shelf forward and lift out. Clean with warm water and detergent.
- Rinse, dry and replace in the second groove up from the side runner rail.
Fig.9 Front baffle