Electric Shock Hazard
Use this appliance only for the intended purpose as described in the user guide.
Important Safety Instructions!
When using this appliance always exercise basic safety precautions including the following:
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- Children aged 3 to 8 years may load and unload this appliance under supervision.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- The manufacturer’s installation instructions for product and cabinetry ventilation must be followed when installing the appliance.
- To avoid hazard due to instability of the appliance, it must be fixed in accordance with installation instructions.
- Keep ventilation openings, in the appliance enclosure or the built-in structure, clear of obstruction.
- Do not use mechanical devices or other means to accelerate the defrosting process, other than those recommended by the manufacturer.
- Do not damage the refrigerant circuit.
- In case of damage to the refrigerant circuit, ventilate the area by opening all windows. Do not operate electrical equipment or any other equipment that may produce arcs, sparks or flames in the area. Contact your Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician immediately to arrange for the appliance to be repaired.
- It is hazardous for anyone other than an authorised service person to service this appliance. In Queensland the authorised service person must hold a gas work license or authorisation for hydrocarbon refrigerants to carry our service or repairs which involve removal of covers.
- In Queensland the authorised service person must hold a gas work licence or authorisation for hydrocarbon refrigerants to carry our service or repairs which involve removal of covers.
- Opening the door for long periods can cause a significant increase of the temperature in the compartments of the appliance.
Connect to safe drinking water only.
- This appliance must be installed in accordance with the installation instructions before use.
- To allow disconnection of the appliance from the supply after installation, incorporate a switch in the fixed wiring in accordance with the wiring rules.
- Never unplug your refrigerator by pulling on the power cord. Always grip the plug firmly and pull straight out from the outlet.
- Do not plug in any other appliance at the same power point as your refrigerator or use extension cords or double adapters.
- Repair or replace immediately all electric service cords that have become frayed or otherwise damaged. Do not use a cord that shows cracks or abrasion along its length or at either the plug or appliance end.
- If the power supply cord is damaged, it must only be replaced by your Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician because special purpose tools are required.
- When moving your appliance away from the wall, be careful not to roll over or damage the power cord.
- When positioning the appliance, ensure the power cord is not trapped or damaged.
- Do not locate multiple portable socket-outlets or portable power supplies at the rear of the appliance.
Do not use electrical appliances inside the food storage compartments of the appliance, unless they are of the type recommended by the manufacturer.
- Your refrigerator is designed to operate for many years without the need for service checks. However, if your refrigerator is malfunctioning, have it attended to by your Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician as soon as possible.
- All electrical repairs must be carried out by an adequately trained service technician or qualified electrician.
- Many commercially available cleaning products contain solvents that may attack the plastic components of your refrigerator and cause them to crack.
- Avoid using anti-bacterial cleaning products on either the interior or exterior of the cabinet as they may cause rusting of metal components and cracking of plastic components.
- Please refer to the ‘Cleaning and caring for your refrigerator’ section of this user guide for further information.
- Extreme care must be taken when disposing of your old appliance to avoid hazards:
- The flammable refrigerant gas must be safely removed.
- The thermal insulation foam in this appliance contains flammable insulation blowing gases, any exposed foam may be highly flammable and must be carefully treated during disposal.
- The doors and panels should be removed and the shelves left in place so that children may not easily climb inside.
- Your Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician will be able to give advice on environmentally friendly methods of disposing of your old refrigerator or freezer.
- Regularly clean accessible draining systems and surfaces that come in contact with food.
- Store raw meat and fish in suitable containers in the refrigerator, so that it is not in contact with or drip onto other food.
- If the appliance will be left empty for long periods, switch it off, defrost, clean, dry, and leave the door open to prevent mould developing within the appliance.
Storing Food & Drinks
- Do not store explosive substances such as aerosol cans with a flammable propellant in this appliance.
- Never store volatile or flammable materials in your refrigerator as they may explode.
- Never freeze liquids in glass containers. Liquid expands during freezing, which may cause the container to explode.
- Never freeze carbonated drinks. They may explode.
- Do not consume food if it is too cold. Food removed from the freezer compartment may be cold enough to cause damage when brought into contact with bare skin, eg frozen ice cubes.
Power Failure - Food Safety
- Do not refreeze frozen foods that have thawed completely. The food may be dangerous to eat. Follow the recommendations below if you discover food in your freezer has thawed:
- Ice crystals still visible — food may be refrozen but should be stored for a shorter period than recommended.
- Thawed but refrigerator cold — refreezing generally not recommended. Fruits and some cooked food can be refrozen but use as soon as possible. Meat, fish, poultry — use immediately or cook then refreeze. Vegetables — discard as they usually go limp and soggy.
- Thawed and warmer than 5°C — discard all food.
- The water connection to your Ice & water refrigerator must be installed by a qualified plumber or Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician and comply with all state and local laws.
- Installation and use MUST comply with all state and local plumbing codes. Check with your local public works department for plumbing codes. You must follow their guidelines as you install the water filtration system.
- To avoid serious illness or death, only connect your water filter to safe drinking water.
- The water filter cartridge needs to be changed when the replacement indicator icon illuminates. This will happen every 6 months.
- If the water filtration system has been allowed to freeze, replace filter cartridge. Failure to replace the disposable filter at recommended intervals may lead to reduced filter performance and failure of the filter, causing property damage from water leakage or flooding.
- In cases of excessively reduced filter life — we recommend that you consult a local plumber or your water supplier for advice on suitable filtration requirements for the water supplied to your home.
- Filter replacement is the consumer’s responsibility and will not be covered by the warranty except in the case of faulty parts or materials within the filter cartridge.
- If the water has not created ice for some time or ice has an unpleasant taste or odour dispose of ice and refer to ‘Before you start using the Ice & Water or Automatic Ice function’ for flushing instructions. If unpleasant taste or odour persists, you may wish to fit a new filter cartridge.
- Use new tubing supplied with the refrigerator. DO NOT reuse old tubing from old water and ice connections.
- Your water filtration system can withstand up to 120psi (827kPa) of water pressure. Ensure the supplied pressure reducing valve is installed before installing the water filtration system. DO NOT install if water pressure exceeds 120psi (827kPa).
To reduce the risk associated with property damage due to water leakage or flooding:
- DO NOT install systems in areas where ambient temperatures may go above 38°C (100°F) or drop below 0.6°C (33°F).
DO NOT install on hot water supply lines. The maximum operating water temperature of this filter system is 38°C (100°F).
• DO NOT install where water hammer conditions may occur. If water hammer conditions exist, you must install a water hammer arrester.
• Clean the water tanks if they have not been used for 48 hours. Flush the water system connected to the water supply if water has not been used for 5 days.
- Avoid contact with the moving parts of the ice maker ejector mechanism, and do not place your fingers on the automatic ice-making mechanism while the appliance is in operation.
- Do not use ice cubes that may have become discoloured, usually with a green-blue colour. If such discolouration is noted, discard the ice cubes and contact your Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician.