User Warnings & Sounds
If a fault occurs when you open the fresh food compartment door, the icon will illuminate on the internal control panel and an alarm will sound.
- Please count the number of beeps made when the fresh food compartment door is opened.
- Please record the number and sequence of temperature lights displayed on the internal control panel and contact a Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician in order to repair the fault. You can do this by going online to fisherpaykel.com or by contacting our Customer Care Centre.
- To silence the fault alarm press any button on the internal control panel. The icon will remain illuminated until the fault is corrected.
Normal Refrigerator Sounds
ActiveSmart™ refrigerators are designed to have excellent energy ratings and cooling performance. As a result, it can produce sounds somewhat different to your old refrigerator.
Normal Operational Sounds Include:
- Fan air flow sound. ActiveSmart™ refrigerators have fans which change speed depending on demand. During cooling periods, such as after frequent door openings, fans circulate the cold air in the refrigerator and freezer compartments producing some air flow sound. This is quite normal.
- Cracking or popping sounds. This may occur when the automatic defrost function is operating.
- Running water sound. This is the liquid refrigerant in the system and can be heard as a boiling or gurgling noise.
- An audible hissing sound after closing the freezer door. This is due to the pressure difference between the warm air that has entered the cabinet and suddenly cooled, and the outside air pressure.
- Humming sounds. This is the compressor running and is quite normal.
- Gasket noises which can normally occur over time due to a build up of dirt and/or grime. See ‘Cleaning Care’ section.
- Ice maker and water dispenser sounds:
- Motor operation (low humming).
- Running water as the ice maker and/or water tank fills.
- Water valve opening and closing (hissing sound).
- Ice being loosened from the ice molding tray (cracking).
- Ice dropping into bin (clunking).
- Other sounds may be heard for the following reasons:
- Cabinet not level
- Floor uneven or weak
- Bottles or jars rattling on shelves