Read these instructions carefully before installing this product.
Electrical shock hazard
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
- Particular attention shall be given to the relevant requirements regarding ventilation.
- Please make this information available to the person installing the appliance as it could reduce your installation costs.
- This appliance is to be installed and serviced only by an authorised person.
- Installation must comply with your local building and local electricity regulations.
- The manufacturer accepts no responsibility for the incorrect installation of appliances. Incorrect installation may result in personal injury, damage to property and may invalidate any warranty or liability claims.
- Do not modify this appliance.
- Do not use or store flammable materials on or near this appliance.
- Packing elements (eg plastic bags, polystyrene foam, staples, packing straps etc) and tools should not be left around during and after installation, especially if they are within easy reach of children, as these may cause serious injuries.
Before you install the appliance, please make sure that
- a suitable disconnection switch is incorporated in the permanent wiring, mounted and positioned to comply with the local wiring rules and regulations. A means of disconnection with at least a 3 mm air gap contact separation in all poles must be incorporated into the fixed wiring in accordance with the wiring rules, unless the local wiring rules allow for alternative means.
- the benchtop is made of a heat resistant material.
- the power supply cable is not accessible through cupboard doors or drawers.
- there is adequate flow of cool air from the cabinetry to the base of the cooktop. You may ventilate from adjacent cupboards, but ensure that the available air supply will not be restricted.
- the ventilation area must be at least two 50mm diameter holes or of an equivalent area.
- the isolating switch is easily accessible by the customer.
- you use heat-resistant and easy-to-clean finishes (such as ceramic tiles) for the wall surfaces surrounding the cooktop.
- the cooktop will not be installed directly above a dishwasher, fridge, freezer, washing machine or clothes dryer, as the humidity may damage the cooktop electronics.
- if the cooktop is installed above an oven, the oven has a built-in cooling fan.
- the installation will comply with all clearance requirements and applicable standards and regulations.
- you consult local building authorities and by-laws if in doubt regarding installation.
When you install the appliance
- We do not recommend you flush mount or seal this appliance into the bench with silicone or glue. Doing so will make future servicing difficult. Fisher & Paykel will not be liable for any costs associated with removing or replacing a sealed-in appliance, nor for repairing any damage that may be incurred by doing this.
- Seal exposed bare edges of the cutout with an oil-based paint or moistureproof polyurethane to prevent possible moisture creeping between the cooktop trim and the benchtop.
- Take extreme care not to chip, crack, or break the top glass surfaces during installation. A heavy metal tool or part accidentally dropped on the glass could damage it.
- If, after following the instructions given, correct performance cannot be achieved, please contact your nearest Fisher & Paykel Authorised Service Centre, Customer Care, or contact us through our local website listed at the end of this document.