Your safety is important to us. Please read this information before using your cooktop.
Electrical Shock Hazard
- Read these instructions carefully before installing or using this product.
- Please make this information available to the person responsible for installing the product as it could reduce your installation costs.
- This appliance shall only be installed and serviced by an authorised person.
- Incorrect installation, for which the manufacturer accepts no responsibility, may cause personal injury or damage and could invalidate any warranty or liability claims.
- This appliance must be installed in accordance with these installation instructions and in compliance with local gas fitting regulations, municipal building codes, water supply regulations, electrical regulations, AS5601/AG601 and NZS5261 – Gas installations and any other relevant statutory regulations.
- Do not modify this appliance.
- Models without flame failure protection MUST NOT be installed in marine craft, caravans or mobile homes.
- When this appliance is installed, it shall not be used as a space heater.
- No combustible materials or products should be placed on this appliance at any time.
- Do not spray aerosols in the vicinity of this appliance while it is in operation.
- This appliance should not be sealed into the bench with silicone or glue. Doing so will make future servicing difficult. Fisher & Paykel will not be liable for costs associated with releasing such a product, nor for repairing damage that may be incurred in doing this.
- Packing elements (eg plastic bags, polystyrene foam, staples, packing straps etc) and tools should not be left around during and after installation, especially if they are within easy reach of children, as these may cause serious injuries.
Hot Surface Hazard
Electrical Shock Hazard
- Keep children away from the cooktop when it is in use.
- Household appliances are not intended to be played with by children.
- Children, or persons with a disability which limits their ability to use the appliance, should have a responsible person to instruct them in its use. The instructor should be satisfied that they can use the appliance without danger to themselves or their surroundings.
- If the electrical supply cord is damaged, it must only be replaced by an authorised person. Ensure that the electrical connection plug is accessible after installation.
- This appliance should be connected to a circuit that incorporates an isolating switch providing full disconnection from the electricity supply.
- Do not use an asbestos mat or decorative covers between the flame and the saucepan as this may cause serious damage to your cooktop.
- Do not place aluminium foil or plastic dishes on the cooktop burners.
- Do not let large saucepans or frying pans overlap the bench as this can deflect heat onto your benchtop and damage the surface.
- Do not let large saucepans, frying pans or woks push any other pans aside. This could make them unstable or deflect heat onto your benchtop and damage the surface.
- Do not use a steam cleaner for cleaning this cooktop.
- Saucepan handles may be hot to touch. Ensure saucepan handles do not overhang other gas burners that are on. Keep handles out of reach of children.
- Do not stand or place heavy objects on this appliance.
- After use, ensure that the control dials are in the ‘OFF’ position.
- This appliance shall not be used as a space heater, especially if installed in marine craft or caravans.
- The use of a gas cooking appliance results in the production of heat and moisture in the room in which it is installed. Ensure the kitchen is well ventilated. Keep natural ventilation holes open or install a mechanical ventilation device (mechanical extractor hood). Prolonged intensive use of the appliance may call for additional ventilation, for example opening of a window, or more effective ventilation, for example increasing the level of mechanical ventilation where present.
- After having unpacked the appliance, check to ensure that it is not damaged. In case of doubt, do not use it and consult your supplier or a professionally qualified technician. Packing elements (eg plastic bags, polystyrene foam, nails, packing straps, etc.) should not be left around within easy reach of children, as these may cause serious injuries.
- Some appliances are supplied with a protective film on steel and aluminium parts. This film must be removed before using the appliance.