If connecting the gas with a flexible hose: Ensure the hose is long enough to allow for removal of cooktop for servicing.
- Make sure the connection point will be accessible with the cooktop installed.
- To enable the gas supply to be readily shut off by the customer, make sure the connection is fitted with an isolating valve close to the cooktop.
- A manual shut-off valve must be installed in an accessible location in the gas line external to the appliance for the purpose of turning on or shutting off gas to the appliance.
- Gas connection to the product must use the nipple supplied with a 1/2” BSP external thread. The supplied gas pressure regulator must be installed where it will be accessible for adjustment.
If connecting the gas with a flexible hose
- Ensure the hose is long enough to allow for removal of cooktop for servicing.
- Make sure the connector is located as shown in 'Clearance Dimensions'.
- The hose assembly must be with an Rp 1/2” (ISO 7-1) female thread connection (AS/NZS 1869 Class B or D certified).
- The hose assembly must be as short as practicable (maximum length of 1.20m) and comply with the relevant AS/NZS5601.1 requirements.
- The hose must not be kinked, subjected to abrasion or permanently deformed.
- The hose must not be near or in contact with any hot surfaces (e.g. base of metal hotlplate, flue, or chassis of undercounter oven etc.)