- Do not leave the appliance unattended while steam is being delivered.
- Always stop steam delivery before extracting the container filled with liquid to avoid burns from splashes.
- Make sure the steam wand is attached correctly to the hot water/steam connection nozzle.
- Fill a container with water to be heated or milk to be frothed and immerse the spout in the liquid.
- Select STEAM from the display. After a few seconds, steam to heat the liquid is delivered from the steam wand.
- When the desired temperature or level of froth is reached, end steam delivery by pressing CANCEL.
If ‘Energy saving’ is enabled, you may have to wait a few seconds before steam is delivered.
Tips for Using Steam to Froth Milk
- When choosing the size of the container, bear in mind that the liquid doubles or triples in volume.
- For a richer denser froth, use skim or light milk at refrigerator temperature (about 5°C).
- For a creamier froth, rotate the container with slow movements in an upward direction.
- To avoid milk with poor froth or large bubbles, always clean the spout as described in the following section.
Cleaning the Steam Wand & After Use
Always clean the steam wand after use to avoid the build-up of milk residues and prevent it from clogging.
- Check the hole in the connection nozzle is not blocked. If necessary, clean using a toothpick.
- Wash all parts of the spout thoroughly with a sponge and warm water.
- Insert the connection nozzle, then the end of the spout onto the steam wand by pushing it upwards and turning it clockwise until it is attached.