To avoid milk with poor froth or large bubbles, always clean the milk container lid and hot water connection nozzle as described in sections ‘Cleaning the milk container’ and ‘Cleaning the steam wand connection nozzle’.
Filling & Attaching the Milk Container
- For a denser and more even froth, use refrigeratored milk at about 5°C temperature.
- If ‘Energy Saving’ mode is enabled, you may have to wait a few seconds before the drink is delivered.
Adjusting the Amount of Froth
Turn the froth adjustment dial on the milk container lid to adjust the amount of froth delivered while making milk-based coffees. Follow the recommendations in the table below:
|None||Latte / Hot milk|
|Minimum||Latte or Macchiato|
Making Ccappuccinos and Milk-based Coffees Automatically
- Fill the milk container and attach it as described above.
- Select the required beverage from the display:
- Flat white
- Latte macchiato
- Espresso macchiato
- Hot milk
- A message on the display instructs you to turn the froth adjustment dial according to the froth required by the original recipe. Turn the dial on the milk container lid and confirm the selection by pressing .
- After a few seconds, preparation begins automatically and an image of the selected drink appears on the display, together with a progress bar which gradually fills to indicate the stage of completion.
- BACK: will cancel preparation completely and go back to the home screen.
- CANCEL: will cancel milk or coffee delivery and move on to the next delivery stage (if applicable) to complete the beverage.
- EXTRA will increase the size of coffee in the cup. This option is available at the end of the delivery.
- Preparation of each coffee can be customised (see sections ‘Customising the beverages’ and ‘Memorising your personal profile’).
- Do not leave the milk container out of the refrigerator for long periods. 5°C (41°F) is the ideal milk temperature. The warmer the milk the poorer the quality of froth produced.
Cleaning the Milk Container After Use
When cleaning the internal tubes of the milk container, a little hot water and steam may leak out of the frothed milk spout. Take care to avoid burns from hot splashes of water.
Each time you use a milk function, TURN DIAL TO POSITION TO START CLEANING appears on the display and the milk frother lid must be cleaned:
- Leave the milk container in the machine (you do not need to empty it).
- When making a number of cappuccinos or milk based coffees, clean the milk container after you have prepared the last beverage only. To proceed with making the next beverages, when the CLEAN message is displayed, press BACK.
- If you do not clean the milk container, appears on the display to remind you that it needs cleaning.
- The milk container can be kept in the refrigerator.
- In some cases, before cleaning you must wait for the appliance to heat up.