Important Safety Instructions
Your safety is important to us. Keep the following instructions in mind when you are using your coffee maker.
Failure to observe the instructions could result in electric shock, serious injury, burns, fire, or damage to the appliance. Save these instructions.
Electrical Shock Hazard
Hot Surface Hazard
- The appliance is not intended for use by persons (including children) with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities, or lack of experience and knowledge, unless they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance by a person responsible for their safety.
- Children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance.
- Designated use: this appliance is designed and made to prepare coffee and milk based beverages and hot water. Any other use is considered improper and thus dangerous. The manufacturer is not liable for damage deriving from improper use of the appliance.
- This appliance is not suitable for commercial use.
- This is an household appliance only. It is not intended to be used in: staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments; farm houses; by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments; bed and breakfast type environments.
- The surface of the heating element remains hot after use and the outside of the appliance may retain the heat for several minutes depending on use.
- Clean all the components thoroughly, taking particular care with parts in contact with the coffee and milk.
- Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children without supervision.
- Never immerse the appliance in water.
To prevent damage to the appliance do not use alkaline cleaning agents when cleaning, use a soft cloth and a mild detergent.
- If the plug or power cable is damaged, it must be replaced by customer services only to avoid all risk.
- Appliances with removable cord: avoid splashes of water on the power cord connector or socket at the back of the appliance.
Models with glass surfaces: do not use the appliance if the surface is cracked.
- This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and if they understand the hazard involved. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be made by children unless they are older than 8 and supervised. Keep the appliance and its cord out of the reach of children aged less than 8 years.
- Appliances can be used by persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning use of the appliance in a safe way and understand the hazards involved.
- Children shall not play with the appliance.
- When not in use and before cleaning, always unplug the appliance.
- Keep all packaging (plastic bags, polystyrene foam) away from children.
- CHOKING HAZARD. The appliance might contain small parts. Some of those small parts might be required to get disassembled during cleaning and maintenance operations. Handle with care and keep small parts out of reach of children.
- Do not hold on to the coffee machine when it is out of the cabinet.
- Do not rest recipients containing liquids or inflammable or corrosive materials on top of the appliance. Place the accessories required to make the coffee (the measure for example) in the special holder. Do not rest large objects which could obstruct movement or unstable objects on the appliance.
- Do not use the appliance when pulled out from the cabinet. Make sure the appliance is inactive before pulling it out. The only exception is adjusting the coffee mill which must be done with the machine pulled out (see section “Adjusting the coffee mill”).
- Use original or manufacturer recommended accessories and spare parts only.
- Never turn off the machine during descaling.
- The first time you use the appliance, or if it is not used for more than 3 or 4 days, rinse all removable accessories which may come into contact with water or milk with hot water.
- If the appliance is not used for more than 3 or 4 days, before making the first beverage, rinse the water circuit as described in this Instruction for Use.
- You should carry out automatic cleaning and guided maintenance scrupulously when proposed by the appliance through the display or the lights described in the manual.