Your safety is important to us. Please read this information before using your coffee maker.
Take care – panel edges are sharp.
Important safety instructions!
- This is a household appliance only. It is not intended to be used in:
- staff kitchen areas in shops, offices and other working environments;
- farm houses;
- by clients in hotels, motels and other residential type environments;
- bed and breakfast type environments.
- Never touch the appliance with damp hands.
- Never touch the plug with damp hands.
- Make sure the socket used is freely accessible at all times, enabling the appliance to be unplugged when necessary.
- If the appliance is faulty, do not attempt to repair. Turn it off using the main switch, unplug from the mains socket and contact Customer Care.
- Keep all packaging (plastic bags, polystyrene foam) away from children.
- Children of less than 8 years old must be kept away from the appliance unless continuously supervised. This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above, and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge, if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and they understand the hazards involved. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be done by children without supervision.
- This appliance produces hot water and steam may form while it is in operation. Avoid contact with splashes of water or hot steam. Use knobs and handles.
- Do not grasp the coffee maker when it is out of the cabinet. Do not rest receptacles containing liquids or inflammable or corrosive materials on top of the appliance. Place the accessories required to make the coffee (the measure for example) in the special holder. Do not rest large objects which could obstruct movement or unstable objects on the appliance.
- Do not use the appliance when extracted. Make sure the appliance is inactive before extracting it. The only exception is adjusting the coffee mill which must be done with the machine out (see the section “Adjusting the coffee mill”).
- Use original or manufacturer recommended accessories and spare parts only.
- This appliance is designed and made to prepare coffee and other hot drinks. All other use is considered improper.
- This appliance is not suitable for commercial use.
- The manufacturer is not liable for damage deriving from improper use of the appliance.
- This appliance can be installed over a built-in oven if the latter is fitted with a cooling fan at the rear (maximum microwave power: 3 kW).
- The appliance has a cooling fan. This comes on whenever coffee, steam or hot water is delivered. After several minutes, the fan goes off automatically.