- You can set the oven(s) to automatically turn on later, cook for a preset time (cooking time), then automatically turn off at a preset stop time. See the example and instructions below (steps 1 to 7).
- If you start cooking manually and only want the oven to turn off automatically after a set cooking time: simply set the cooking time following steps 1 to 3 below and selecting a function and temperature. The oven will automatically turn off when the cooking time is over.
- Alternatively you can simply set the time of day you wish to the oven to turn off. Follow steps 4 and 5. The oven will automatically turn off when the stop time is reached.
- You may have the timer on at the same time as automatic cooking.
- You cannot use a meat probe when using automatic cooking.
- Double oven models only: you may set one or both ovens to cook automatically. If one oven is set for automatic cooking you may still use the other normally.
Safe food handling: leave food in the oven for as short a time as possible before and after cooking or defrosting. This is to avoid contamination by organisms which may cause food poisoning. Take particular care during warmer weather.
Example: It is 11:05 a.m. You want your food to cook for 1 hour, and you would like it to be ready by lunchtime (12:30 p.m).
Select function and temperature
Double oven models only:
To set automatic cooking for an oven - press the UPPER or LOWER selector button.
1 Select a function.
2 Adjust the temperature.
3 Check the clock shows the correct time of day.
4a Press the right scroll button twice. The cooking time indicator will come on.
4b Press the select button to confirm. The display will flash.
5a Press the right scroll button to set the cooking time. Make sure you allow for preheat time in your calculation.
Set the stop time
6a Press the right scroll button to scroll to the stop time indicator.
6b Press the select button to confirm. The display will flash.
7a Press the right scroll button to set the time you would like your food to be ready by (ie the stop time).
7b Press the select button to confirm. The display will be steadily lit.
Double oven models only:
To set automatic cooking for the second oven - press the UPPER or LOWER selector button to select the second oven and repeat steps 1-7 above.
When automatic cooking is set
- The oven and the lights will stay off, the halos will be unlit, but your oven is now set for automatic cooking. It will automatically turn on at the required time.
- In a few seconds, the display will show the time of day with the cooking time and stop time indicators lit and oven indicator light of the currently selected oven (double oven models only).
You can modify the function and temperature while the oven is waiting to start cooking.
When the stop time is reached
The oven will automatically turn off and a long tone will sound.
To check the set cooking time and stop time
(Double oven models only: Press the UPPER or LOWER button to select the oven you wish to check).
Use the scroll buttons.
To change the cooking or stop time
(Double oven models: Press the UPPER or LOWER button to select the oven you wish to adjust).
Use the right scroll button to scroll to the cooking time or the stop time , press to select the one you want change and use the scroll buttons to change the time. Press to confirm.
To see the current time of day
Press the cancel button.
To cancel automatic cooking
Turn the function dial to Off .