Unpacking and handling
- Check packaging and dishwasher for signs of transport damage. If the dishwasher is in any way damaged, do not install it. Contact the dealer the dishwasher was purchased from.
- Disposal of packaging: some of the packaging is recyclable. Check the symbols and labels and recycle if possible.
- Never lift the dishwasher from the door handle or the top panel. Doing so may cause damage.
- Always be careful with the hoses and power cord at the back of the dishwasher. Careful handling will prevent damage and malfunction from squashing, kinking or cuts.
- While installing the dishwasher, check the drain hose is not restricted or kinked.
Connections and services
- Check that the power cord is long enough to reach the outlet. If it isn’t, it must be replaced by a Fisher & Paykel authorised technician. Extension cords or multi-outlet power boards should not be used to connect the dishwasher to the power supply.
- Check that the hoses are long enough to reach the services. If a hose needs extending, ensure that the extension hose is new and of equal quality and diameter to the one already fitted.
The drain hose should not be longer than 4 m, as a longer drain hose will cause reduced performance.
- The dishwasher should not be connected to a water system where the temperature exceeds 60°C, or where there is no temperature control, e.g. wetback system, unless the system is fitted with a suitable tempering valve.
- The dishwasher must not be connected to an undersink high-pressure “push-through” type hot water system, as damage to the system will result.