ActiveSmart™ user warnings and sounds
In the unlikely event a fault occurs the fault icon will illuminate on the internal control panel and an alarm will sound when the fresh food compartment door is opened.
- If the electronic controller detects a fault from which it is unable to recover an alarm will sound.
- When the fresh food compartment door is opened a fault code (specific pattern of lights) will flash red and green on the control panel to alert you to the fault. The audible alarm will stop when any button is pressed but the lights will remain flashing. If such a fault occurs, call your Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician immediately; the fault code will help the service person find and remedy the cause of failure.
Normal refrigerator sounds
ActiveSmart™ refrigerators, with their excellent energy ratings and cooling performance, can produce sounds somewhat different to your old refrigerator.
Normal operational sounds include:
- Fan air flow sound. ActiveSmart™ refrigerators have fans which change speed depending on demand. During cooling periods, such as after frequent door openings, fans circulate the cold air in the refrigerator and freezer compartments producing some air flow sound. This is quite normal.
- Cracking or popping which may occur when the defrost function is operating.
- Running water sound. This is the liquid refrigerant in the system and can be heard as a boiling or gurgling noise.
- An audible hissing sound after closing the freezer door. This is due to the pressure difference between the warm air that has entered the cabinet and suddenly cooled, and the outside air pressure.
- Other sounds may be heard for the following reasons:
- Cabinet not level.
- Floor uneven or weak.
- Bottles or jars rattling on shelves.