Using your ice maker (Ice & Water models)
Your automatic ice maker is designed to dispense ice cubes into the ice storage bin below until it senses the bin is full. If you require more ice, the storage bin can be removed and ice will dispense into the top freezer bin.
Before you start using you automatic ice maker
Information about your automatic ice maker
- Your Ice & Water product comes with a ice storage bin located inside the top freezer bin, and a hygienic scoop for ice. This scoop provides hygienic access to clean, clear ice cubes.
- Your automatic ice maker will produce approximately eight cubes of ice every 3 – 4 hours, depending on the freezer compartment temperature and the number of door openings.
- The ice cube tray will fill with filtered water.
- When cubes are frozen, they will be dispensed from the ice tray and into the ice storage bin below.
- Ice making will continue until the storage bin is full, and only resume once you start to use the stored ice.
- When the ‘Ice Boost’ function is activated, ice production will increase up to 30%* from standard ice making. This function automatically deactivates after 24 hours.
*Dependent on your current temperature settings.
- If large amounts of ice are required, remove an ice storage bin and allow ice to fill the top freezer bin.
- For maximum ice storage, level the stored cubes with the ice scoop.
- If ice is not used often, old cubes will become cloudy, taste stale, will shrink and may stick together. Empty the ice storage bin periodically and wash in lukewarm water. Dry thoroughly and place back into the correct position.
- Avoid contact with the moving parts of the ice maker ejector mechanism, and do not place your fingers on the automatic ice making mechanism while the refrigerator is in operation.
- Do not use ice cubes that may have become discoloured, usually with a green-blue colour. If such discolouration is noted, discard the ice cubes and contact your Fisher & Paykel Authorised Repairer.
- Ensure the ice maker is connected to the filter and to a drinkable water supply only.
- Installation of the water connection to the ice maker must be completed by a qualified service technician or a qualified plumber (see installation instructions).