First use of the ice maker/water dispenser
- Check your refrigerator is switched on and has been cooling for at least 2 hours before use (refer to 'Operating instructions – Ice & Water control panel').
- Check that the water isolation tap has been connected and turned on.
- Press dispenser pad and discard the first 3 L of water, stopping intermittently to remove trapped air in the system. Failure to do this will result in excessive dripping from your dispenser. This will make sure that the pipes are cleared. If in doubt, keep re-using the dispenser until the water runs clear.
- Please discard the first few batches of ice after start up.
The first time the water dispenser is used, there will be a 1 – 2 minute delay while the tank fills, before water is dispensed.
Storing ice for extended periods
Storing ice for long periods of time can affect its appearance and odour. We recommend that you dispose of any ice which has been stored for extended periods and remove and clean the icebox. Allow the ice box to dry thoroughly and cool down before replacing it back into the appliance to prevent ice from sticking to the bin.
- The Filter icon on the control panel will appear when the filter needs replacing. To maintain water quality we recommend the water filter be replaced every 6 months. Replace the water filter as per manufacturer’s instructions or follow instructions below. After changing, press the Function button for 3 seconds, the Filter icon will disappear and the filter timer will reset.
- Replacement cartridges are available from your Fisher & Paykel Service Agent (Kemflo Aicro filter part number 0060823485).
Need a new filter?
To replace the water filter
- Turn off the water supply.
- Remove the locking key at one end of the filter and then disconnect the water tube. Repeat on the other end of the filter.
- To fit the new filter insert the water tube at the inlet end of the filter, secure with locking clip and flush 19 L (5 gal) of water through the filter. Note the flow direction on the filter (see 'Installation instructions'). Check for leaks.
- Turn off water supply and connect water tube to the outlet end of the filter, secure with locking clip.
- To avoid serious illness or death, do not use water of unsafe or of unknown quality.
- The water filter cartridge needs to be changed when the Filter icon appears on the interface panel or after 6 months of use.
- If the water filtration system has been allowed to freeze, replace filter cartridge.
- Filter replacement is the consumer’s responsibility and will not be covered by the Manufacturer’s Warranty except in the case of faulty parts or materials within the filter cartridge.
- If the water has not been dispensed for some time or has an unpleasant taste or odour, flush 10 L of water through the system. If unpleasant taste or odour persists, fit a new filter cartridge.
Removing and replacing the ice box
To remove the icebox, lift the box and then pull towards you, releasing the unit (Fig. 10).
When replacing the ice bin, if it does not fit easily, remove the box and turn the cam mechanism 90° clockwise (Fig. 11). Reinstall the icebox, making sure that the catch on the tray fits into the shelf slot.
The volume of the icebox equals the quantity of ice cubes, which the appliance can make in one day. Occasionally a small number of ice cubes may remain inside the box. If the ice gets stuck, this will result in abnormal operation of the ice cube maker. To avoid this problem, remove the icebox and rearrange the ice cubes, and remove the ice cubes which cannot be separated. You may hear ice being dropped into the storage compartment. This is normal.
Fig. 10 Removing icebox
Fig. 11 Rotating cam mechanism
Fig. 12 Installation of extra door shelf