Please read and follow the ‘Safety and warnings’ and ‘installation instructions’ sections carefully before using your dryer!
Please check you received the following accessories with your Fisher & Paykel dryer. You will find them inside the drum:
- 1 x Drying rack
- 1 x Drain hose
- 1 x Installation instructions and user guide
To ensure the best performance from your new dryer please follow the instructions below.
Removing the packaging
- Remove the outer packaging (including the polystyrene packer and plastic wrapping). All packaging must be removed prior to use.
- Tilt the machine backwards and ‘walk’ it off the base one foot at a time. Not doing so may cause damage to your floor and dryer.
- Remove all packaging and accessories from inside the drum.
Ensure packaging materials are kept out of reach of children.
Please help protect the environment and dispose of the packaging from around the dryer in an environmentally friendly manner.
Your dryer can be installed one of two ways, either freestanding, or stacked on top of a Fisher & Paykel front loading washer (specific models only).
The dryer stands on the floor and can easily be moved into position.
Your dryer has been designed to be able to be stacked on top of a Fisher & Paykel WashSmartTM or QuickSmartTM front loading washer (WH8560P, WH8060P and WH8560J models only). A stacking kit MUST BE USED between the products and fitted correctly to the washing machine.
Stacking Kit White: Part No. 427976.
Move the machine into the desired position. Do not lift the dryer by the top panel.
Have a minimum clearance on all sides of at least 20 mm.
Install the machine on a stable and level floor.
- Do not install your dryer in such a way that the dryer door cannot be opened fully.
- Do not install the dryer outside, in a damp place, where there is a risk of freezing, where it may be rained on, in direct sunlight or close to a source of heat.
- Do not place your machine on top of its power cable.
Leveling the machine
It is IMPORTANT to level the machine to ensure the machine runs efficiently with minimal noise. The dryer should be leveled in as close to its final position as possible so it stands balanced evenly on all four feet. Ensure the dryer does not rock in any direction.
The dryer comes with four adjustable feet, wind all four feet up or down until the dryer is correctly level. A spirit level can assist with this process. The machine is considered level when the bubble sits in the centre (ie within the two lines or the circle), when the spirit level is placed flat on top of your dryer, in the directions from:
After leveling, the corners of the dryer cabinet should be clear of the floor and the machine must not rock in any direction.
The dryer is equipped with a condenser unit which accumulates water during the drying cycle. This water is collected in the removable water tank located at the top left of the dryer. The accumulated water must be emptied after each drying cycle. However you can also set up your dryer to drain automatically using the drain hose provided.
Connecting the drain hose:
- Regularly check that your standpipe or tub is free from lint and other obstructions, which may affect drainage and cause flooding.
- The drain hose should be checked from time to time and replaced if any damage, eg wear, cuts, bulges, kinks, leaks, etc are found. Do not bend the drain hose sharply, as this may cause it to split.
- The extended length of the provided drain hose is 1.3 m.
- In multistory apartments or any upper floor, the machine should be installed on a floor equipped with a drain.
- Draining must comply with local by-laws.
- This appliance must be connected to a 220 V – 240 V, 50 Hz, sinusoidal, 10 A electrical supply.
- Uncoil the power cord, remove and discard the plastic pin cover and plug into a power socket.
- Connect the appliance to an earthed outlet protected by a fuse of suitable capacity.
- Check the power cord for damage and make sure it is not squashed or twisted when installing the dryer.
- Always remove the power cord from the power socket by the plug, not by the cord.
If you are using an extension cord or a portable electrical outlet device (eg multi- socket outlet box), ensure that it is positioned so that it does not come into contact with water or moisture. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN DEATH OR ELECTRICAL SHOCK.
Do not touch or operate the machine with wet hands or with bare-feet.
A damaged power cord must be replaced by a Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician,
its service agent or similarly qualified persons in order to avoid a hazard. The
appliance must not be operated until it is repaired, as there is risk of electric shock.
Do not operate this machine if it has been damaged during transport. Contact your Fisher & Paykel dealer or Fisher & Paykel trained and supported service technician.
Completing the installation
Installation test cycle
Ensure the installation test cycle is completed before you dry any items in your dryer. This is to check that your dryer is installed correctly and that it is functioning properly prior to use.
- Turn your dryer on by pressing the button.
- Select the ‘Time Dry’ 30 cycle. Ensure the drum is empty and the door is closed (you will hear it click shut).
- Touch the button. The drum will start rotating.
- Observe the machine for any problems.
- The dryer will beep and display any faults on the screen if there are any problems. Refer to pages 25 and 26.
- At the completion of the cycle open the door and check that there is warmth inside the dryer. This indicates the dryer is operating normally.
If there are any problems, you must address these before proceeding with normal use. The dryer will automatically turn off at the end of the cycle if there are no problems.
Before you start, it is a good idea to go through the following checklist:
- Has the packaging been removed?
- Is the machine correctly levelled, and the cabinet corners clear of the floor and walls?
- Are the water tank, condenser and lint filter correctly in place?
- Has the power cord been connected to an appropriate power supply and the power turned on?
- Have you performed the installation test cycle?
- If external draining is preferred, is the white drain hose attached to the correct outlet and hooked into a standpipe or tub?
Machine specifications - DE8060P
|Length of drain hose||1300|
|Volts||220 – 240|
|Heating Power (W)||1800|
*Capacity refers to the maximum dry weight of items the machine can dry at any one time.
Some cycles have a lower maximum capacity (see the ‘Drying cycles’ section).
** The exact height of your dryer is dependent on how far the feet are extended from the base of the machine.