Safety and warnings
Your safety is important to us. Please read this information before using your cooktop.
Electrical Shock Hazard
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS!
- Read these instructions carefully before installing or using this product.
- Please make this information available to the person responsible for installing the product as it could reduce your installation costs.
- Particular attention shall be given to the relevant requirements regarding ventilation.
- This appliance is to be installed and serviced only by an authorised person.
- Installation must comply with your local building and local gas authority codes and electricity regulations.
- Incorrect installation, for which the manufacturer accepts no responsibility, may cause personal injury or damage and could invalidate any warranty or liability claims.
- These appliances are registered in: New Zealand at www.energysafety.govt.nz and Australia with Australian Gas Association at www.aga.asn.au.
- Appliances are factory set for either Natural gas or ULPG. If in doubt, refer to the local gas network operator or gas supplier to confirm gas type at installation site.
- This appliance must be installed in accordance with these installation instructions and in compliance with local gas fitting regulations, municipal building codes, water supply regulations, electrical regulations, AS5601/AG601 and NZS5261 – Gas installations and any other relevant statutory regulations.
- Do not modify this appliance.
- When this appliance is installed, it shall not be used as a space heater.
- Do not use or store flammable materials on or near this appliance.
- Do not spray aerosols in the vicinity of this appliance while it is in operation.
- This appliance should not be sealed into the bench with silicone or glue. Doing so will make future servicing difficult. Fisher & Paykel will not be liable for any costs associated with removing or replacing a sealed-in product, nor for repairing any damage that may be incurred by doing this. Fisher & Paykel does not exclude any statutory liability it may have and which by law cannot be excluded, because of the giving of this notice.
- If the appliance is connected to the gas supply with a flexible hose, make sure that the hose cannot come in contact with the bottom of the appliance or any sharp edges.
- Ensure that the electrical connection plug is accessible after installation.
- Packing elements (eg plastic bags, polystyrene foam, staples, packing straps etc) and tools should not be left around during and after installation, especially if they are within easy reach of children, as these may cause serious injuries.
Operation and maintenance
Hot Surface Hazard
Electrical Shock Hazard
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS!
- Keep children away from the cooktop when it is in use.
- Household appliances are not intended to be played with by children.
- Children of less than 8 years old must be kept away from the appliance unless continuously supervised. This appliance can be used by children aged from 8 years and above, and persons with reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge, if they have been given supervision or instruction concerning the use of the appliance in a safe way and they understand the hazards involved. Cleaning and user maintenance shall not be done by children without supervision.
- If the electrical supply cord is damaged, it must only be replaced by an authorised person. Ensure that the electrical connection plug is accessible after installation.
- This appliance should be connected to a circuit that incorporates an isolating switch providing full disconnection from the electricity supply.
- Do not use an asbestos mat or decorative covers between the flame and the saucepan as this may cause serious damage to your cooktop.
- Do not place aluminium foil or plastic dishes on the cooktop burners.
- Do not let large saucepans or frying pans overlap the bench as this can deflect heat onto your benchtop and damage the surface.
- Do not let large saucepans, frying pans or woks push any other pans aside. This could make them unstable or deflect heat onto your benchtop and damage the surface.
- Do not use a steam cleaner for cleaning this cooktop.
- Saucepan handles may be hot to touch. Ensure saucepan handles do not overhang other gas burners that are on. Keep handles out of reach of children.
- Do not stand or place heavy objects on this appliance.
- After use, ensure that the control dials are in the ‘OFF’ position.
- This appliance shall not be used as a space heater, especially if installed in marine craft or caravans.
- The use of a gas cooking appliance results in the production of heat and moisture in the room in which it is installed. Ensure the kitchen is well ventilated. Keep natural ventilation holes open or install a mechanical ventilation device (mechanical extractor hood). Prolonged intensive use of the appliance may call for additional ventilation, for example opening of a window, or more effective ventilation, for example increasing the level of mechanical ventilation where present.
- After having unpacked the appliance, check to ensure that it is not damaged.
- In case of doubt, do not use it and consult your supplier or a professionally qualified technician.
- Packing elements (eg plastic bags, polystyrene foam, nails, packing straps, etc.) should not be left around within easy reach of children, as these may cause serious injuries.
- Some appliances are supplied with a protective film on steel and aluminium parts. This film must be removed before using the appliance.